opti-seal on new car

Chito

It will totally depend on your expectations. With opti seal you could just do a dawn wash and seal it afterwards and you'll get great results. If your looking for perfection then clay and use a finishing polish, then apply opti seal :). Or buy opti coat and never need to wax the car again along with providing higher resistance to bird/bug hazards.

thanks for the advice. now i'm intrigued about opti-coat. However, i'm spprehensive to use opti-coat since i read somewhere here that it should be applied by pros.

There's a pro version and consumer version. If your worried about the process, try opti seal and apply it. Opti coat acts almost the same way, you just need to make sure all the wax and silicone is off the surface before applying opti coat. Prep is key, but don't be afraid of it, because the consumer version dries slower allowing you more time to look over the paint.

getting back to opti-seal, i am thinking of using optimum finish (after washing and claying) before opti-seal. what do you think? i think optimum compound II would be too abrasive on the new paint. if i'm on the right path, maybe poli-seal before optimum finish? Got the new car already and it's telling me to "get it on".

Archived