OptiGuard on Single Stage Paint

Reflections

I haven't seen this specific topic covered and ran into this last weekend. There are of course many issues with the longevity of the luster of a single stage paint if the client is not doing their end to keep it up. I was curious if anyone has tested OptiGuard on a single stage paint and if so, what was the result? Can we expect the formula to bond in the same fashion as it does to clear coated paint? Can it still be sold as a permanent coating?

If no one has tried this and there is no definitive answer, I will certainly go buy a test panel that has single stage, polish and apply for testing purposes.

I'm impressed with 1 1/2 years and hope to get this kind of durability in the future with single stage paints. On this particular vehicle I did not offer OptiGuard as the protective coating- stricly due to the fact that I could not ensure the customer of its durability but on a 2004 Toyota Sequoia being a fairly new vehicle, Seems that it should work well, based on Chris' response on modern single stage. Time to test and see!

• 2 weeks later...

I can second that it works well on modern single stage paint. I did a Super White Toyota back in September that I corrected and applied Opti-Guard. Granted September isn't very long but there were no issues in applying and it cleans up super easy now. We did a quick maintenance wash on it 2 weeks ago and I couldn't believe how well it cleaned up.

I just picked up a '91 miata w/ single stage red paint as a beater/daily last week. Havn't got around to detailing it yet, but I was gonna do some protection testing on it.

-> Opticoat, F* UPP, Optiseal, Menz Sealing Wax, Pinnacle Souveran

I'll update with my findings. Will probably get to detailing it over this weekend

560165_10151458505785907_2124722797_n.jp

Archived