'13 Tesla Model S Opti-Coated

Customer of mine has been telling me for along time about his Tesla coming soon but had no idea it would end up being 3 years! Well he calls me up New Years day to tell me it's on its way! Delivered to his home on Jan. 4 in the evening he couldn't really examine it good. He brought it to me few days later to look at it and take it for a spin! Metallic Blue is the color and tracers and RIDS all over it! Damaged chrome trim and chips and dents in the drivers rear quarter/bumper area! He opted for a full correction and Opti-Coat. After taking some paint readings and consulting with ScottWax, we set a date to get after it! Paint was actually pretty soft and fairly easy to correct, but I had readings in the mid 60's in spots, I knew this wasn't going to get fully corrected. After telling my client the bad news he said just do what you can. So here we go! When the car arrived it was raining and it was supposed to get cold so I took no wash pictures. Not much really to see.

Sonax FE on the rims

Dawn wash/ Iron X treatment

Clay magic

Flex OPT MF Polishing Pad and OPT HP

Flex OPT MF Polishing Pad and 106FA on the heavier spots

Opti-Coat

A pillars looked like this

DSC_4134.jpg

DSC_4136.jpg

DSC_4139.jpg

DSC_4140.jpg

DSC_4141.jpg

DSC_4146.jpg

DSC_4149.jpg

DSC_4152.jpg

DSC_4153.jpg

DSC_4156.jpg

DSC_4159.jpg

DSC_4162.jpg

Found bristles stuck around the car tapped in different area's! I still don't know why 100K+ cars go through tunnel washes before leaving the factory??

DSC_4163.jpg

DSC_4165.jpg

DSC_4166.jpg

DSC_4167.jpg

DSC_4168.jpg

DSC_4169.jpg

DSC_4170.jpg

DSC_4171.jpg

DSC_4172.jpg

Huge hatch area!

DSC_4173.jpg

Interior just needed a basic wipedown nothing fancy. Very simple clean with a large 17" monitor.

DSC_4175.jpg

DSC_4177.jpg

DSC_4180.jpg

DSC_4182.jpg

Damage in a 12" area, looks like salt truck damage? 30-40 dents and chips in a 1 foot area.

DSC_4183.jpg

DSC_4184.jpg

DSC_4185.jpg

DSC_4186.jpg

Panoramic roof option

DSC_4187.jpg

DSC_4194.jpg

Lucky! Looks great!!!!

Thank you!

Very, very cool.

Thanks! Who said electric cars had to be ugly!

2 beautiful cars! Can't believe a 3 year wait though, that's nuts!! Good thing you made it look perfect after he had to wait that long!

Thanks John! You can buy the executive plan which speeds up delivery to 8-10 months but that costs another $35K! If you don't pay you wait! This is the first Model S in the Metroplex in blue.

Great job on both cars! I had a chance to spend a brief amount of time with a Model S on Friday and it is an amazing car. Really liked the retracting door handles and that touchscreen! I have to admit that I was impressed with the build quality as well.

Holograms and scratches aside what did you guys think of the paint otherwise?

• 2 weeks later...
Great job on both cars! I had a chance to spend a brief amount of time with a Model S on Friday and it is an amazing car. Really liked the retracting door handles and that touchscreen! I have to admit that I was impressed with the build quality as well.

Holograms and scratches aside what did you guys think of the paint otherwise?

I thought it was pretty good. I've seen better and worse. There prep department needs work though. 100K plus vehicles should be done by pro detailers in my opinion but that's never going to happen with people accepting subpar deliveries.

Archived