Hello from Pittsburgh

CallMeWags

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to everyone. I detail professionally and enjoy it to the point that I still consider it my hobby.

Optimum products are part of my "daily detailing regimen" and have been getting into doing more and more Opti-Guarding/Opti-Coating and loving the results.

Traditionally I've been a lurker on this forum but would like to make a real effort to be more active in the community. My main business is collision repair (don't worry I'm one of the good guys) so if anyone has an questions about refinishing or body work please don't hesitate to ask. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge and I'd like to contribute in anyway possible!

Welcome!! I'm near Pgh in Washington, PA. Detailing is my hobby, but friends in my community want their cars to look like mine, but don't want to put in the work when I explain the process. I'm always pushing Opti Coat/Guard, but don't know of anyone in the metro area qualified to apply it. Are you mobile and up to speed applying OC/OG??

Thanks for the welcome. I'm located in the North Hills about 10 minutes out of downtown. I have applied OG to a couple cars and gearing up to do a lot more. I'm not setup for mobile but I am sure I could figure something out for people out your way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hey Billy Jack, glad to see fellow Pittsburghers and detailers on here as well. What year is your El Camino?

It's a 1987. I bought it in '93 with just over 100k. It had a bit of repainting prior to then, but most of it is still OEM lacquer. In 2009 I had to drive it daily for about 8 mos and the exposure to the elements played hell on the finish. I started searching the web for detailing info and soon got drawn in to the detailing hobby/obsession. Since then it's taken home a few trophies at an annual All-Chevy Show in Bridgeville. I've been in the retail auto business all my adult life, but all I knew prior to a few years ago was a rotary buffer, wool pads and nasty abrasive compounds, Thanks to the members here and at the Meg's and AG forums, the old girl has been reborn.

Hi-res1cropped1.jpg

Bill

• 1 month later...

Very cool. I'm not sure if you would be interested or not but my family has had a car show at Raiders park in Oakmont every year on father's day for the last 50 years. It's not a bad show.. We get a couple hundred cars and a little bit of everything. If you are free bring it by! I'll try to post some photos sometime of the cars that we get.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Archived