Silicone in OCW?

I've been using OCW for a while (about a year) and love it.

Just wondering though, does OCW contain silicones?

Thanks in advance,

d.

Damian,

The answer to your question is actually NO. Optimum Car Wax only contains Carnauba wax, sealant polymers, and UV blockers. There is no slilicone oil in this product. This is why the gloss increases overnight as the sealants cure. There are many bodyshops that use this product since it is safe for use in and around paint booth and it is even paintable.

David,

Hey Anth & Dave, you don't know me, but I know you two, much respect from here.

Thanks for the replies. I was referring to OCW (Optimum Car Wax), not poliseal (which I am currently testing) and it's great to know that OCW contains no silicone.

My customers had found a site containg info on OCW informing customers that it contained silicones and I was just checking. I use OCW frequently in Bodyshops as well.

Awesome Product, so easy to use and the appearance it yeilds is very unique. I love the gradual increase in Depth and the gloss level, a very classy looking wax imo.

Thanks again for the replies,

d.

Hey Anth & Dave, you don't know me, but I know you two, much respect from here.

Thanks for the replies. I was referring to OCW (Optimum Car Wax), not poliseal (which I am currently testing) and it's great to know that OCW contains no silicone.

My customers had found a site containg info on OCW informing customers that it contained silicones and I was just checking. I use OCW frequently in Bodyshops as well.

Awesome Product, so easy to use and the appearance it yeilds is very unique. I love the gradual increase in Depth and the gloss level, a very classy looking wax imo.

Thanks again for the replies,

d.

Welcome to the forums Damian and thank you for your desire to seek out the correct information.

You can know go back and correct those who are spreading false information about OCW ^_^

Take care,

Anthony

I don't think it was intentional but I have advertised that OCW has no silcone in it and someone has stated otherwise. Now I confidently inform my customers otherwise.

Is there any MSDS info on OCW available to me?

Many thanks,

d.

I don't think it was intentional but I have advertised that OCW has no silcone in it and someone has stated otherwise. Now I confidently inform my customers otherwise.

Is there any MSDS info on OCW available to me?

Many thanks,

d.

There should be an MSDS at Davids Optimum website.

http://optimumcarcare.com/optimumwax.html#msds

I carry copies of each MSDS with me as it's required here.

Anthony

I though there were some silicone polymers in OCW and Poli-seal but that does not mean there is Dimethylpoly Siloxane in it which is the oily migratory silicone.

I believe 3M company is the one that started that about silicone being bad for your paint which is odd because there new Performance Finish wax has air reactive silicone polymers in it.

regards Rik

I though there were some silicone polymers in OCW and Poli-seal but that does not mean there is Polydymetelsiloxane in it which is the oily migratory silicone.

I believe 3M company is the one that started that about silicone being bad for your paint.

regards Rik

It may have been. However Zaino has always been dumping Gas on the Silicone is bad for your paint Fire. Some day it will bite them

in the But.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived