Opti-Lens questions

mlxbuster

I'm very interested in Opti-Lens but have a few questions...

1. Is 10ml sized for one car pair of headlights?

2. Is there a shelf life to the product, i.e does it expire?

3. How much durability can be expected with a single application of Opti-Lens to an outdoor vehicle daily driver, brand new, stock/OEM lens?

4. If the main goal is to prevent the yellowing from ever occuring, would you layer the product, or re-apply every x months?

5. Can a client tell that opti-lens is on the car, or not - how does one tell - by feel, look, or beading for instance? And can one discern that opti-lens is degrading?

6. Is it optically clear?

7. Does IPA remove Opti-Lens? If I had to remove Opti-Lens what chemical product would do it?

Thank you!

I'll add a question--the description says "apply to headlights or other hard surfaces". What other hard surfaces? Does that mean other plastics like other lenses (that may be a different material than headlights), or does it mean plastic trim, or does it mean paint? Has Opti-Lens been tested on trim surfaces and does it restore at all? Could it be used on paint? Say if you have an area that you are concerned about getting maximum UV protection vs. Opti-Coat?

And to reinforce some of the OP's questions, what is the coverage on this vs. Opti-Coat? Is it "layerable", so instead of waiting for it to wear off the headlights and then have to polish everything and re-coat, can you recoat before the coating has failed?

EDIT: Does Opti-Lens wash out of your applicator after use the same way Opti-Coat does?

• 2 months later...

I'll add a question--the description says "apply to headlights or other hard surfaces". What other hard surfaces? Does that mean other plastics like other lenses (that may be a different material than headlights), or does it mean plastic trim, or does it mean paint? Has Opti-Lens been tested on trim surfaces and does it restore at all?

Good questions. I'm waiting for answers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived