Sydtoosic from N.Y.

sydtoosic

i am a clean car fanatic, i am always trying to find ways to protect my paint. i own a 2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport/Obsidian. the paint is obscenely soft, so you guys already know that if i breathe on it... it scratches. i've tried the Hard Body, i've tried the 22PLE, and they did not give me the protection that i needed. i wash with 2 buckets, grit guards, foam gun, uber wash mitts, uber drying towels and i pat dry. no matter how careful i was the wash marks kept coming right back. Hard Body and 22PLE were supposed to minimize the scratches, wash marks etc. no such luck. i'm hoping that OC 2.0 will be a much harder coating that will protect my paint and minimize or completely stop the wash marks from happening . i'm having it applied as i post this. my detailer hates my car because of the ultra soft paint, but he does an amazing job. i'll post pics when i get her back. but for now this is a pic of my car.

i am a clean car fanatic, i am always trying to find ways to protect my paint. i own a 2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport/Obsidian. the paint is obscenely soft, so you guys already know that if i breathe on it... it scratches. i've tried the Hard Body, i've tried the 22PLE, and they did not give me the protection that i needed. i wash with 2 buckets, grit guards, foam gun, uber wash mitts, uber drying towels and i pat dry. no matter how careful i was the wash marks kept coming right back. Hard Body and 22PLE were supposed to minimize the scratches, wash marks etc. no such luck. i'm hoping that OC 2.0 will be a much harder coating that will protect my paint and minimize or completely stop the wash marks from happening . i'm having it applied as i post this. my detailer hates my car because of the ultra soft paint, but he does an amazing job. i'll post pics when i get her back. but for now this is a pic of my car.

i couldn't figure out how to edit and post in my original thread... so here she is.

my good friend Phil from Detailers Domain just sent me some teaser pics of the afters for the OC 2.0 treatment...

Phil and his team are the best i've seen so far, that's JMO. it is now curing so i'll pick her up tomorrow. her's one pic which should convince most that DD is the place to get your car detailed.

here is one more pic... the OC is drying. the car has been inside since wednesday and the OC went on today and was finished about 2:00 pm. i have to pick her up in the morning and it's snowing now and maybe tomorrow also. will it be ok to bring her home in all that nasty weather? i don't want the coating compromised or degraded because of the water and slush, etc.

Yea sorry I'm not sure about snow since I live in south east Texas. If it was just rain it's be no problem.

lucky guy. i'm in N.Y. and i hate this weather. the warmer months are fine, but the winter with the salt spreaders and snow etc. really take a toll on your car... especially black.

Phil did a excellent job on your ride. I'm sure you will be very happy with the OC for quite some time.

hoping this works out. as stated in first post, i had the Hard Body and 22PLE, neither one worked. so let's see what happens with OC. did a lot of research, this is my last coating. if it doesn't work then i'll be getting a white or silver car.

One more suggestion to minimize wash inflicted swirls is to use Garry Dean's wash method. You can find it on YouTube. As you watch, you'll have a few "duh" moments as he reveals a very common sense and easy approach to washing with no marring.

Archived