Well, I've been banned from Autopia

Anthony Orosco

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats Anthony! You are now an Official Internet Warrior! You are here by awarded this...

Autopia is not the only one he has been baned from. Detail City is another one as well as the Hair Club for Men forum. Lol

Autopia is not the only one he has been baned from. Detail City is another one as well as the Hair Club for Men forum. Lol

Ouch! I thought he was the President of Hair Club for Men. Tough crowd I guess. I guess he'll have to go back to wearing that blond Paris Hilton wig with those lovely red pumps that he loves sooo much. :beerchug[1]:

• 3 weeks later...

Detail City? LOL!! Is that still around? I thought it died from lack of interest. I quit them when someone complained about the pictures of a AG get-together and there were some girls wearing shorts in the photos. They pulled the pic's down and I called them a bunch of panty wearing political correctness fags. Guess they didn't like that - but screw em! That forum sucked anyway. The problem with Megs and AG forums are they're full of their own shills and it's annoying to read commercial after commercial. Autopia is OK, though not the same without Anthony. If the ever ban David Fermeni - that's it for me, he's one of the few straight shooters that speaks from years of detailing. Rock on Optimum!

Well hello and thanks junebug for your support :beerchug[1]:

Unlike those other forums I welcome any product discussion just as long as it's civil. I was invited back to DC awhile ago and then after 6 posts I was asked watch myself already :) I understand their (all sponsor websites) positions though, they don't wish to upset their sponsors and they are in the forum business to make money

Thanks for coming aboard,

Anthony

I can't stand the mods on DC they seem like a bunch of D***** bags!!!

This is why that forum seems to be dying. I have witnessed activity and members dropping off other there for some time now. It does seem though that Troy, the new owner, is trying to get things back to where it once was.

This is why that forum seems to be dying. I have witnessed activity and members dropping off other there for some time now. It does seem though that Troy, the new owner, is trying to get things back to where it once was.

He has a long uphill trek ahead of him......that place is rapidly going stale.

I think your ban from Autopia was unfair. I always read your posts with interest and noticed that you never tooted your own horn or attempted to sell products. It will turn out more positive for you in the long run as more time is now afforded here.

How silly really.....Ever see a McDonald's? and what is across the street or within a block or two? You guessed it ......a Burger King..... What about Restaurant Row? Why would these establishments place their businesses within walking distance of each other? .....because competition and variety makes for more business!

Actually, it's because McDonald's forces their potential franchisees to do lots of expensive market research before settling on a location. When McD's opens, all the market research has been done for that block, and so the other franchises follow. It's cost effective, and like you mentioned, it doesn't hurt any of the companies involved, including McDonald's.

• 2 months later...
Yeah it was a surprise for me also because while I use and highly recommend Optimum I would never push it on people as the ONLY product to use nor did I ever tell others in my posts that I sell Optimum. I always tried to help people out as best I could with what ever product they were using.

But I also understand DavidB's situation, especially now with his own product line coming out, in that he doesn't want sales going to other products and perhaps also wants to cut back on a lot of the competition.

The difference between this forum here and other forums that rely on sponsers is that they made a forum to make money by gathering sponsers but I didn't want my forums to be like that because you then need to always cater to those sponsers. I feel a forum is a place for people to come and learn, share and discuss likes and dislikes about subjects, issues and products which is why I allow people to come here and openly discuss any product and even allow people to openly display their websites and such. This forum is all paid for by me alone and as long as people do not abuse the ability to display their websites, as long as I am able to continue paying for the site, then it will stay this way.

I will devote more time to this forum and continue building it. Ron and I have work going on with some tutorials as I hope to build up a nice library of them which will again make this site a nice play to come to and learn.

Anthony

Your are so nice.

I 'LL be here more often .

• 1 month later...
If Autopia keeps this up of banning the professionals then that site will become worthless!!! ;)

Isn't that the truth. Their site will be reduced to a group of novices offering halfaxxed sugjestions. We all look to the pros

for tried and true advice.

• 11 months later...

Yeah, I know it's an old thread, but I was banned from Autopia back in 2006 because I had just moved to San Antonio and I made a thread about needing a job.......and David banned me.

We went through numerous Emails and he said that what I did was "Spamming".

Never again will I waste my time with a board that's run by a guy that doesn't know the difference between spamming and a guy who moved to a new area from half way across the US.

If you're on OPTF.org, you're at the right place.

I want to thank Ron and Anthony for helping me a long when I first moved here.

dave.

I can't stand the mods on DC they seem like a bunch of D***** bags!!!
Being one of those D***** bags!!!, I thought maybe a little clarification was in order.

As far as the pictures removed of "some girls wearing shorts in the photos."

Here is a picture that was removed.

Pic removed by mod. That's a little too much skin for here too fellas! If anyone wants to see what you meant, send it to 'em by PM, Thanks.

Shorts?

A comment was made, "I've seen more skin walking around the friggin mall with my daughter shopping."

Maybe in your area, but not around here.

FWIW, I was not the one that removed the photo, but it does seem a little out of place on a detailing forum.

Archived