2 Days after OC application

sydtoosic

picked up today from my buddy Phil@Detailers Domain... has some road dirt kicked up on some of the car from the melting snow. can i wash her now or shall i wait. just figured i'd take a pic of her and post it.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks better than new! Congrats.

Yes you can wash it.

it's strange because when this car was done i was told it was ok to wash it after 2 days. i have a 2013 LS460 in starfire pearl, Phil applied opti-coat to the paint, wheels, lights and opti-glass on the windows. this time he suggested i wait 7 days before i washed the car. i didn't ask any questions but we are expecting rain that will last about 4 days. my question is, will the coating be compromised by the rain? it's Sunday and i have until tue. or wed. to wash her (rain starts tues. and ends fri.). i haven't touched it yet and it's killing me not to be able to wash her. i will follow Phil's instructions, i was just curious as to why he told me not to touch her for 7 days.

Rains fine. Phil's mentioning a best practice approach about washing the car. 2.0 takes a little longer to cure so it would be safer if you waited a bit to introduce chemicals to the surface that are designed to clean a surface. I haven't done enough 2.0 testing to give you a 100% answer on the exact safe time to wash it, but 7 days is the generally accepted time.

Archived