Opti-Coat on firearms

Olie

So Paul, what are your thoughts?

Honestly since it is something that I have never attempted, I could not recommend giving it a try. On the surface one would think it couldn't harm the exterior of the weapon but how it would affect the bluing or original finish from the manufacturer, I wouldn't have a clue . I would wait for Dr.G or Chris to advise us on the pros and cons of trying this. IMO. I did stay at a Holiday Inn once but never coated a firearm . lol.

Honestly since it is something that I have never attempted, I could not recommend giving it a try. On the surface one would think it couldn't harm the exterior of the weapon but how it would affect the bluing or original finish from the manufacturer, I wouldn't have a clue . I would wait for Dr.G or Chris to advise us on the pros and cons of trying this. IMO. I did stay at a Holiday Inn once but never coated a firearm . lol.

Haha, I see what you did there.

I'll try it on my glock and get back with you tonight. But even this test won't tell of any long term possible negative effects which I don't see any that come to mind.

Thanks.

Glad you chimmed in Chris. One thing I try and do is not comment on something and just be guessing. I can't count the number of times that when a question is asked on a forum, a member answers that he never has used the product but has read bla,bla,bla.And people repeat it as gospel. Thanks again.

Just had a thought and want to run it buy you. How would Opti-Coat hold up to the exterior of a firearm? obviously we wouldn't want to coat anything internal but what about the exterior?

Coatings are nothing new to firearms. Tenifer on glocks is very thick and durable. You can Opti-Coat Any hard bare surface...just make sure it's free of oils and silicones.

Yet ANOTHER use for Opti-Coat!

Anyone hear that knock on the door? :thumbsupup[1]:

I Opti Coated my phone.....screen and all, with no issues. I might try a small section on my XD9.

I don't have a gun. Too much hassle in the UK so could I opti coat my iPhone ?

CHALM did it without any troubles so I would say you're good to go.

Archived