When and how - MILKY HELP!

I'll make this quick. I've got a 2014 Mustang 5.0 in Sterling Grey Metallic. I had it OptiGuarded 11 days ago. I've washed it a couple of times since then, and have used Meguiar's UQD on the entire car to remove some water before it dried. My first wash was 72 hours later with Meguiars Gold Class Wash. My installer said I would wash it withing 48 to 72 hours. I washed my car tonight with Meguiars Gold Class wash, my new AutoGeek Foam gun, and some DP Car Shampoo, and I noticed the whole car seemed milky. If I ran a finger through it, it would make a line, and then come back. I washed the car again, this time Gold Class wash only. It's it's still there. I thought it was the UQD, so since my OptiGuard was 11 days hard and can't be removed without a polish, I used some Dawn to wash the car. The fog is still there. Guys and gals what can I do? This is killing me, and serioulsy driving me insane. Please help me.

Try washing down the surface with a apc such as Optimum Power Clean. If the chalky or milky condition remaines try returning to your detailer that installed the coating.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris. I fully wash the vehicle. It's not always there. Just random days it will show up. Also, parts of my hood are now slightly darker than other parts. I have Sterling Grey Metallic, so it's noticeable more when the car is in the shade. Is there anything in the OptiGuard process that could cause slighlty darker patches?

You may be noticing some high spots in the coating that make it appear darker. Also, I'm wondering if the milkiness is related to humidity since you said its there sometimes and not at others. Also, you said you wiped with your finger and it went away and then came back. If it was a chemical reaction I don't think it would return. I've seen my car get some very very small droplets of condensation that make it look hazy but there is nothing wrong. Either way, check with your detailer. I'm sure he can help :)

Archived