OPC in a foaming sprayer?

fastmike

I was thinking about my tires and wheels, letting the OPC sit for a few minutes

I'll give it a try and see if it helps the clinging. I did read some foaming sprayers can end up using more product though.

Personally, I like a foaming sprayer. I feel that the increased dwell time adds to the cleaning ability, especially on dirtier surfaces. I just finished a few areas on my Camino in preparation for a show next week, using a foaming sprayer on both the wheelwells and engine compartment with Zep Citrus and I feel it actally uses less product, since it's not running off so fast. On the schedule today is OPC for the tires, so I'll see if it works better with foam.

Bill

Follow up to yesterday's post:

I did my tires with OPC 1:3 and a foaming sprayer. IMO, foaming is the only way to go for cleaning tires. I was planning on trying a new dressing (PERL) and wanted my tires squeeky clean. They had been cleaned just a few weeks ago and had no dressing applied since, but as I posted previously, the extra "hang time" with foam just adds to the cleaning ability with whatever product you're using. Gotta get myself a couple good foaming sprayheads.

Bill

Just to offer an alternative, follow the OPC (normal spray) with a quick spray of ONR. This does seem to increase the dwell time and cleaning. Even if you do not like the results you have lost only a couple of sprays of ONR and a few minutes

How's the foaming on the OPC? I've read that it doesn't foam as much as other brands.

My OPC mix didn't foam as much as other combos I've tried, but it's probably due to the dilution rate. When I've had a really nasty tire, I've used Meg's D101 APC full strength, I've also used Zep Citrus at 1:2. For Sunday's job, I used OPC at 1:3 and though it didn't produce tons of foam, it was certainly good enough to get the job done well.

Bill

Archived