Pre Opti-seal steps

nvdave

Hi

I have a grey 2006 Acura and from everything I have read would like to try the OS. It sounds incredible. All my applications will be by hand. What product would be best to use before the OS, the Polish or Poli-Seal. Would a clay still be necessary before one of those polishes. Is there any curing time for those porducts before applying the OS. Likely unlimited coats but realistically how many coats of the OS would be optimal. What is the curing time between coats of OS.

For added shine can the Optimum Car Wax be used on top of the OS every month or so.

I have read so much about the No Rinse Wash and Shine. After reading many posts on various sites I still can't believe it would replace a traditional wash. I'll have to give it a try I guess. Does it leave a nice shine compared to a traditional wash.

Thanks

Hi

I have a grey 2006 Acura and from everything I have read would like to try the OS. It sounds incredible. All my applications will be by hand. What product would be best to use before the OS, the Polish or Poli-Seal. Would a clay still be necessary before one of those polishes. Is there any curing time for those porducts before applying the OS. Likely unlimited coats but realistically how many coats of the OS would be optimal. What is the curing time between coats of OS.

For added shine can the Optimum Car Wax be used on top of the OS every month or so.

I have read so much about the No Rinse Wash and Shine. After reading many posts on various sites I still can't believe it would replace a traditional wash. I'll have to give it a try I guess. Does it leave a nice shine compared to a traditional wash.

Thanks

Welcome nvdave,

My suggestion would be to clay then use Ploi-Seal by hand then the Opti-Seal. The Poli-Seal will give you minor correcting with a hand application. You will find the Opti-Seal to look better with 2 to 4 applications.

For the spray wax I use it after every wash. It's such an easy product to use and will only add 5 minutes to your wash.

The No Rinse is a great product. I was very unsure as you are. After you get used to it you will see that it is easy and actually looks a little better then a traditional wash. David has sold 1000's of gallons of the product and not had any problems.

You will find this type of wash become common place in the future.

Good Luck to you.

Thanks for that Ron

When applying additional coats or topping with the spray wax is the minimum time between coats at least 1 hour. There appears to be some different ideas out there about this.

Thanks for that Ron

When applying additional coats or topping with the spray wax is the minimum time between coats at least 1 hour. There appears to be some different ideas out there about this.

I like to apply two coats with a 30 min wait between coats. Then another two the next day if possible.

I will wipe down with spray wax after all coats are applied.

Depending on the color of the car a coat of Trade Secret wax can really set off the finish. Reds and Blacks. Silvers or whites don't

benefit as much from this.

Archived