Another Noob

ufourya

Hello, all,

New guy in central Texas. I joined a few days ago and have been reading almost everything. I also ordered some OS and OSW a few days ago. I think the OS is a terrific product. It is the first WOWA product I have tried. It is almost too easy - I feel guilty. At this stage I honestly don't see or feel any difference after applying the OSW over the OS, although I have only applied it by hand.

I never used to do much detailing. I'd just wash fairly often and then wax every now and then. It was not a priority. Recently retired and have already got my first SS check! Well, about a year ago, I got a new Scion tC and decided to really try and take care of it. My brother has always prided himself in how his vehicles looked, so I thought I'd try and out-do him.

I found autopia and bought a PC and the Sonus pads and polishes. Have been using AIO and SG since, topping with P21s carnauba. They seemed to do a pretty good job and I am loyal to good product. I had tried Zaino before I discovered that polishing was more important than the LSP as far as gloss goes. Well, I told you I was new at it. So the Zaino never really got a good shot at winning me over (my fault, of course.) Anyway I am not averse to trying something new and WOW, I like the OS!

I get a lot of compliments on my car and have done pretty well keeping it looking good. Unfortunately (or not) I am hooked now and even little imperfections are starting to bother me. I think I need to go rotary to get those little blemishes that I can't seem to get with the PC. I bagged a rotary on eBay this week and have been reading the tutorials here and there. I'll probably need to throw myself at your feet and beg some advice here before too long, however. I'll let you know how it goes.

Since my Social Security check is so small , I've been thinking maybe I could detail a few cars here and there to supplement it, so I think I've found the right forum to get information from informed experts rather than some of the guys you read on other forums who think they know it all. Am I right? I did run across some of Anthony's posts at autopia and that's how I tracked him down and found the site.

Anyway, that's why I'm here and I'm glad I found it and the product. Don't be too rough on the new guy, O.K? :P

post-166-1185651313_thumb.jpg

A shot of the hood of my car

Welcome.

Nice hood shot. I cant even tell what color the car is their is so much reflection.

Your in the right place we. We will even let you talk about other products. Good or not.

We will give our personal opinions on it though if we have used it.

Welcome.

Nice hood shot. I cant even tell what color the car is their is so much reflection.

Your in the right place we. We will even let you talk about other products. Good or not.

We will give our personal opinions on it though if we have used it.

Thanks for the welcome, Bullet and Ron.

The car is Nautical Blue, a deep metallic. It looks black in dim lighting.

Archived