Opticoat 2.0 after 3 days

jpmc86

I fell like you may have just wiped the product too much or used too little the first time. Just remember that Opti Coat in not a product that needs to be "worked in". It just needs to be wiped on evenly. So if you went over the areas multiple times, or tried to spread it over too large an area at a time, you may have thinned or removed it and that would definitely explain the irregular shaped beads. How much product did you use the first time?

You are most likely right Chris. The first time I applied I believe I used about 6 to 7 cc's. It is a C230 so it really isn't a big car. I believe that I most likely applied a thin coat (I was doing so because I understood that with opticoat a nice and thin coat is better than a lot of it) and this would have worked, however, I believe I wiped it out too soon with too much pressure with the microfiber. Do you believe the humidity forming after about 45 minutes on the panels might have messed up my application today? The weather here in Miami was about 70F when I was applying it.

These are the results after a couple of days after application.

IMG_7005.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg

IMG_7003.jpg

IMG_7004.jpg

IMG_7008.jpg

IMG_7007.jpg

This is after spraying with a mist of water on the panels after it rained.

Chris does this look good to you?

Let me know what you guys think of the outcome.

Thanks for the time.

Archived