Carpet H E L P!!!

Steve H

Now that I have caught your attention. Well apparently my youngest didnt want to wait for Optimum to make it's new carpet cleaner. She took a pre-emptive step and left the top of her Powerade bottle loose on the floor of our Expedition. Little did I know that the red dye used bu Powerade is the same red used by the Egyptians to paint their murals so they would last 10,000 years! I have used Woolite mix, water and a Carpet cleaner from Chemical guys to attack the problem. While I am get all the dirt out, the red stain remains!!

Any suggestions? As I am writing this I have the floor mat soaking in a bucket of oxyclean. I am just wondering if I have to find someone with a hot water extractor.

Thanks in advance. Steve

Now that I have caught your attention. Well apparently my youngest didnt want to wait for Optimum to make it's new carpet cleaner. She took a pre-emptive step and left the top of her Powerade bottle loose on the floor of our Expedition. Little did I know that the red dye used bu Powerade is the same red used by the Egyptians to paint their murals so they would last 10,000 years! I have used Woolite mix, water and a Carpet cleaner from Chemical guys to attack the problem. While I am get all the dirt out, the red stain remains!!

Any suggestions? As I am writing this I have the floor mat soaking in a bucket of oxyclean. I am just wondering if I have to find someone with a hot water extractor.

Thanks in advance. Steve

Sorry about that episode Steve but not all is lost here. First those methods you have and are using won't remedy the problem.

You'll need to go to a good janitorial supply place and tell them you need a "red dye remover". It comes in one of two way, a "part A and a part B" solution or a single application method. How it works is you apply the product to the stained area, allow it to dwell for a few moments then take a white terry cloth towel, which is damp, lay it over the stain and then press a hot iron on top of the damp towel. This will cause the towel to boil and lift or transfer the dye from the carpet to the towel.

It may need to be done several times but it should take care of the stain.

Top Of The Line also carries a red dye remover. For now though don't use any more cleaners on it because you may run the risk of actually setting the stain.

Anthony

more to the point red relief by pro's choice is for synthetic food dyes, IE red drinks, or decaffinated coffee. Stain magic is for natural dyes. Coffee, tanin from wood or leather, real fruit juice.

Reduction process is tricky. besure your towels are damp, the iron is clean. and check every 15 seconds. if it is a large stain besure to wipe the iron clean of that white powdery residue. As that will bleach the fibers.

Archived