OC 2.0: avoid old, unused product?

coredump4

Hi,

I'm getting ready to apply OC 2.0 to a family member's vehicle this weekend. I have roughly half of a syringe left over from 2012, and I can see the OC 2.0 has yellowed slightly in that time. Am I correct to assume I shouldn't use the remainder of this syringe? How long can I expect unused OC2.0 to last? And finally, what'd be the best way to store unused product to ensure longevity?

thanks!

If the 2.0 has been properly capped it should be good indefinitely. The yellowing is due to transfer from the syringe and will not effect performance.

Ron, I notice when the syringes come from the factory, they have a slight air space in them. Will they store indefinitely like that? Or for best results do I need to remove that small amount of air?

• 2 months later...

Can Ultraseal get to old and go bad and if so how can one tell? Thanks

assuming you aren't a troll given your other post - do you mean Opti-Seal? Poli-Seal??

Opti-Seal...not that i'm aware of. i have a bottle from 2009 that works fine.

Poli-Seal...if it's separated and won't go back to the original creamy consistency with a few separate shaking sessions...then it's toast. that seems to be the biggest enemy of Poli-Seal in my experience. that is why i like it in the 8 oz bottles, so you can see what's happening with it. or...you can transfer it from the oil bottle to a CarPro or Megs squeeze bottle. whatever, as long as it's sealed well and you can see what the cream looks like.

Archived