Optimum Opti-Seal takes on Ultima UPGP

ufourya

I just completed a comparison and posted my final conclusions over at Autopia and thought you guys might be interested.

http://autopia.org/forum/ultima/94557-ulti...hallenge-5.html

Above is the page (5) on which my test begins. It has occasional updates and pictures on the ensuing pages and ends on page 7. I was prompted to do a side-by-side when someone over at Autopia stated that Ultima was '10 times better' than OS.

If you don't want to bother, a precis of basic conclusions is that they are both good products. If you seal your car every three months, you'll save money using OS, although UPGP starts out slicker and may protect somewhat longer, an occasional wipe with OCW negates the slickness factor and probably the durability as well.

ufourya

From what I've read that was an excellent comparison, well done.

Dr. G. and I were also wide eyed at the statement that Ultima is "10 times better" than OptiSeal!

All of these products (the wipe on, walk away types) are all so easy to use, and actually fun to use, it's no longer a hassle to wipe on some protection. It takes what? 5 Minutes?

Again, nice review and thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Anthony

I love this. Always some Z head throwing in the multiple coat thing in. You could do 3 coats of the OS op Ultima in the time it takes to do one coat of the other. :lshic[1]:

OS is beading better than Ultima and 3xZ2 pro is beading better than both OS and Ultima

ufourya,

Thanks for taking the time to do this and post the results on autopia as well as informing us over here. I tend to stay away from autopia now after all the BS going on over there. Bunch of grown men acting like 12 year olds! I just cant do that crap any more.

I just completed a comparison and posted my final conclusions over at Autopia and thought you guys might be interested.

http://autopia.org/forum/ultima/94557-ulti...hallenge-5.html

Above is the page (5) on which my test begins. It has occasional updates and pictures on the ensuing pages and ends on page 7. I was prompted to do a side-by-side when someone over at Autopia stated that Ultima was '10 times better' than OS.

If you don't want to bother, a precis of basic conclusions is that they are both good products. If you seal your car every three months, you'll save money using OS, although UPGP starts out slicker and may protect somewhat longer, an occasional wipe with OCW negates the slickness factor and probably the durability as well.

ufourya

Great Review. I truly beleive it was drying faster on that side because of the wind.

It's amazing at how some of the fellow autopians are behaving these days

Honestly as much as I admire rick at four star products and love some of his ultimate lineup, I ain't going to be paying for any Ultima and same goes for Sal at Zaino

I get better results with other brands that most Autopians keep slamming because it can't be possible or that stuff has fillers in it whatever.

Now I won't be using opti seal either but I'm pretty damn sure it would match alot of products

Archived