Could Menzerna Be Smoke & Mirrors?

Anthony Orosco

Here's a question everyone should ask themselves.

People (such as I many times in the past stated when using 106) claim that it "adds gloss to the paint". If this is a fine abrasive product designed for fine paint correction then how is it also "adding" gloss to the paint, much like a glaze does??

Now when a paint is leveled it has greater reflection qualities but is this because the paint is free of defects now or is it due to the polish or leveling medium ADDING gloss?

SVR, many people who experience the marring returning are using a rotary to finish down to an almost perfect condition then using a orbital to cap it off. If it was one or a few isolated events then it would be no big deal but it's being reported from many users, both pro and enthusiast, from all over so something is not kosher.

Anthony

• 2 months later...

Hey Scott, ....interesting turn of events for sure. I now feel vindicated!...jus kiddin.

Although it is nice to see that maybe now some people who early on thought I was an idiot for even thinking this have re-thought their positions.

Years ago I used to use the terms "opening the paint" and "closing the paint" because I always saw the compounding (leveling) steps as "opening" the paint while the final leveling/polishing steps as "closing" the paint. In my head I pictured fewer and fewer scratches as I polished a sign that I was getting close to completing my intended task, which was to get the paint as perfectly clear as possible. Perhaps I was on to something with my stupid analogy, eh?

I never used PrepSol but rather used straight alcohol for a wipe down after my final finishing step and just prior to the LSP. Especially now using the coating as much as we are we always wipe down the areas to be coated with 91% alcohol.

I wish to post more but I am getting that look from my wife about getting to the dinner table. :confused1[1]:

Anthony

• 2 years later...

I loved Menz and never had stuff come back either a few years back. I have since switched to Optimum Sprays because there is no dusting...so I haven't used Menz for a couple of years now.

Did a Bently (super soft black paint) with menz and nothing, even after it went to local £5 wash and got hit with heavy TFRs

Will give the opti a try, fingers crossed I can buy it today.

Pads of choice will be megs, cg hex and lake gold (which is a fav of mine for the final gloss using wolf wp-1n)

Archived