Steam Vapor In Use

Anthony Orosco

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Great video Anthony! It's nice to see a demonstration on both the steamer and the extractor.

I bought a portable extractor (Durrmaid) a couple months ago and I don't know how I'd live w/o it when it comes to doing carpets. I've been contemplating buying a steamer as well. Another detailer in the area said he felt the same way about his steamer as I did about my extractor. My main reason for wanting a steamer is getting the interior nooks and crannies clean. Even some brushes I use can't get some of the gunk out. Any recommendation on a good portable steamer?

I look forward to more videos.

I use both a steamer and an extractor. I couldn't do without either one. They both have something that other one can't do.

My extractor is a Mytee Spyder and the steamer I use is a Daimer continous fill. If you do get a steamer I highly recommend going with the continous fill, otherwise if you run out of water you have to wait for the steamer to build up pressure again. With continous fill you can fill it on the go.

The extractor is used just for shampooing. You cannot clean carpets correctly with a steamer alone, a hot water extractor is a must for this. I use the steamer for quick stain removal, to blow out and clean crevices and vents, engine bays, and so on....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I did this a few weeks ago and it's mainly for Irene at Top Of The Line but it will also give many of you an idea of what the steamer can do in your detailing process.

Steamer

Thanks for making this very helpful tutorial. I'm going to have to think about adding a steamer and extractor to my collection of car tools.

I may have a steamer for sale. It's pretty much brand new, used 2 times, cost $600.00 and I may sell it for $425.00.

If I decide to sell it I will post up the information and give the Optimum members first crack at it.

Anthony

Would be up for it. Though shipping costs would be high. Which extractor is this?

• 2 weeks later...
Anthony, which extractor and steamer do you use personally?

Hey, sorry about the late reply. Ron and I have been extremely busy and just not much time left over to read the forums.

I use a discontinued Century spot extractor which does its job very well. The closest extractor to it now I think is the Durmaid line of extractors. The cool thing is that I was recently contacted by a team of developers from Karcher and they wanted to pick my brain on what I would want in an extractor. So I called up Ron and told him what was going on and I wanted him in on this as he has a lot of great ideas when it comes to improving tools and products. So they came out to San Antonio and filmed us doing some interior work while picking our brains as to what we would want in an extractor designed for detailers.

I hope something comes out of this as a tool such as an extractor designed for detailers by detailers would be a wonderful thing! :beerchug[1]:

As for my steamer I use this one.........http://www.topoftheline.com/vaporblitziv.html

Anthony

Eh.....I think Ron is going to buy it now as his old one may need to be replaced. I'll know for sure next week.

Anthony

No need, but that Steamer you showed seems like a good stepping stone. I was considering Mytee Lite for Mobile. The ThermaKleen Steamer from Kleen Car looks outrageously good, no need for water storage or reclamation!

No need, but that Steamer you showed seems like a good stepping stone. I was considering Mytee Lite for Mobile. The ThermaKleen Steamer from Kleen Car looks outrageously good, no need for water storage or reclamation!

Yeah, Kevin has become quite the steamer guru. He has talked to so many different company's and has acquired a lot of info regarding steamers.

Yeah, Kevin has become quite the steamer guru. He has talked to so many different company's and has acquired a lot of info regarding steamers.

Good to hear, I'm guessing the price is around at least $2000, but it's quite compact.

Archived