Non-linting wash mitt?

Brad K

I am currently using a Eurow sheepskin wash mitt (got it from Walmart) for ONR washing and for the most part I do like how it performs, however it does seem to leave a bit of lint, and I do not like that. I was wondering what other wash mitts people use and get very little, or preferably no linting with. I was thinking maybe a microfiber wash mitt from Meguiar's? Or possibly one of those bone-shaped microfiber covered sponges? Just want something that doesn't lint and is safe on paint for ONR washing.

Thanks in advance.

Brad

Guest Driven Auto Detail

I've used MF towels before, but of late I use deep pile cotton chenille mitts from Meg's. If you catch them on a windshield wiper it might pull some fibers out, but that's about the extent of it. I like this mitt for both traditional washing and ONR washing.

I buy them online at AutoDetailingSolutions.com because they are only about $9 for 3 of them.

I use these green wash mits from Autozone. I check the site but they have no pictures of them. They are MF. They work well and zero linting.

I've seen those mitts in AutoZone and China-Mart and I've been condemplating getting one to try. You must feel comfortable that that won't mar the finish, or hold dirt particles for a regular wash, as well as an ONR wash... correct?

Seeing the way that regular MF towels "grab" dirt and hold onto to it, I've been leary about trying one of these MF mitts.

P.S. The sheepskin mitts that I use don't seem to leave any lint.

I've seen those mitts in AutoZone and China-Mart and I've been condemplating getting one to try. You must feel comfortable that that won't mar the finish, or hold dirt particles for a regular wash, as well as an ONR wash... correct?

Seeing the way that regular MF towels "grab" dirt and hold onto to it, I've been leary about trying one of these MF mitts.

P.S. The sheepskin mitts that I use don't seem to leave any lint.

I like them much more then the wool wash mits. I always feel like I'm scratching the paint with these.

The Auto Zone one dose get dirty and I usually change it out after a couple of washes for a clean one. Another thing I have done is to have a bucket of Car Wash soap handy and this will relase the black crap that stays in the MF. It will release the dirt that scratches. I have had the water so dirty in the bucket from the body of a car you would of thought I did the wheels first.

I like them much more then the wool wash mits. I always feel like I'm scratching the paint with these.

The Auto Zone one dose get dirty and I usually change it out after a couple of washes for a clean one. Another thing I have done is to have a bucket of Car Wash soap handy and this will relase the black crap that stays in the MF. It will release the dirt that scratches. I have had the water so dirty in the bucket from the body of a car you would of thought I did the wheels first.

When you say "change it out after a couple of washes"... is that the last you use it? That would get pretty expensive after a while.

• 1 month later...
I use these green wash mits from Autozone. I check the site but they have no pictures of them. They are MF. They work well and zero linting.

I picked one up yesterday when I was at Autozone! I can't wait to try it out on a car (which will probably be a little while since it's winter and I'm at college lol).

• 6 months later...

I've had good luck with these mitts. Found these at the site Neatitems.com where I purchase most of my MF. http://www.neatitems.com/microfiber_mitts.htm Shipping is free.

The nap is long enough to pull dirt away from the surface, but it releases very easily in the ONR bucket. Just use them like a sponge rather than inserting my hand into the pocket which mades them very easy to use.

Archived