Actual snake oil products...the myth buster list

ehall

I have one to add. CroftGateUSA Quick N Slick. It certainly feels slick after applying it, but it only lasts two weeks at most. The pitchman for their company claimed "up to four months." Stuff is absolute junk and expensive. I have a whole 32 oz bottle doing what it does best....collecting dust. In all honesty, it's partly my fault for believing a guy who also claims gravity pulls wax off of cars. Let that be a lesson to me I guess.

Yeah, at first I was sucked into their whole company, but, then I began to realize that their stuff wasn't holding up as I thought it was. Two years ago, their waterless wash (Aquanil-X) was cutting edge but then OPT, Meguiars, Ultima and others started to develop their own versions and each one was better. When I started to express my concern that their product was falling behind (my close friend and I were asked to do some testing for them) I got a rather nasty reaction. I was only trying to help but I guess they didn't see it that way. I was really taken aback as I don't feel I was rude about it but rather just giving positive criticism as I thought testers were supposed to do. Long story short, some certain people started to insult other companies (Meguiars, OPT, Ultima) and I just felt that was not appropriate or called for. I know people try to put down others to try and make themselves better all of the time but I just choose not to associate with those types of people. It's a real shame because when they first brought out their products they had a lot of potential to make a mark in the car care market. I can say that their Tire Shine is nice though. Oh well. I'm happier using OPT, Megs and Ultima and the other tester and I have remained really great friends so as a whole I count the experience as positive :)

Cool story, and yea any company that feels like they need to put down other companies to make themselves look better obviously can't handle the truth.

I agree with all of the above. :)

Cool story, and yea any company that feels like they need to put down other companies to make themselves look better obviously can't handle the truth.

:D Definitely! It's just not needed. There are so many companies out there because there are so many different opinions, which is absolutely fine. But, when someone starts putting down other companies to make themselves either feel better about themselves or to try and get more business I just don't need to hear that stuff. What was ironic was this person was putting down products that they claimed at other times to have not used before which had me scratching my head LOL. I personally feel the most important thing that I can do is to attempt to share what I have learned with others and try to educate them on proper car care regardless of what brand they want to use.

Archived