Best way to dry after ONR?

I am new to detailing, and bought a bunch of stuff to start with my new car. (Which after doing lots of research ended up with lots of Optimum products) So I was planning to dry after washing using California blade, and finishing up with a large MF. So I washed today for the first time with ONR, and when I went to use the Blade, the ONR made the surface too clean so that the blade didn't slide on the paint. So I could use another big MF to dry it off, but I was wondering how you guys dry using ONR. I have also heard that it is bad to let the ONR dry on the surface so that using a leaf blower wouldn't be good. Well let me know.

Thanks,

CP

I wash one panel at a time. Clean with ONR, dry with a waffle weave drying towel and then get whatever is left with a thick plush mf towel. You can also check out the videos in the Tutorials section.

There is no need to use the water blade with ONR. I wash a panel, take one pass with a microfiber, that will leave the surface moist, then take a dry microfiber and make another pass. This will completely dry the surface and you won't get any streaking.

You don't want to let the ONR on dry on the paint either. You will get streaks and a film on the paint. It is just best to do the panel and dry right away.

I am new to detailing, and bought a bunch of stuff to start with my new car. (Which after doing lots of research ended up with lots of Optimum products) So I was planning to dry after washing using California blade, and finishing up with a large MF. So I washed today for the first time with ONR, and when I went to use the Blade, the ONR made the surface too clean so that the blade didn't slide on the paint. So I could use another big MF to dry it off, but I was wondering how you guys dry using ONR. I have also heard that it is bad to let the ONR dry on the surface so that using a leaf blower wouldn't be good. Well let me know.

Thanks,

CP

First off...welcome to the detailing club!! You made a smart choice in loading up on the Optimum products and the more you hang around here, there more valuable usage tips you'll get!! Anthony and Ron both have videos posted that are very informative and helpful in learning the proper way to use some of the products.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I agree with the Paul and Obsessive Detail on how to properly use ONR. I usually use two large waffle weave micro-fiber towels to dry my car. Do one section at a time (ie a door,hood, whatever), dry lightly with one towel and then use the second towel to dry off whatever moisture remains as well as buff the polymer residue to a shine.

One of the lesser know benefits of ONR is that it leaves behind a light coat of polymer protectant which leaves the paint feeling slick much like a light coat of wax.

Hope this is of some help to you

Archived