Layering Opti-Gloss Coat?

PGuastella

I am new to coatings so I picked up Opti-Gloss Coat for my soft honda paint and was wondering if re-applying opti-coat months later once it is cured would have any ill-effects?Understand some people may consider this a waste of the product but i figured an additional layer to lets say the hood/roof and trunk would nt be the worst idea.

Welcome to the forum.

No ill affects with the layering. In fact after you have applied your first coat you can apply a second the following day. You'll be surprised at how slick the paint will feel. Don't forget to coat you headlights and tail lights.

Welcome to the forum.

No ill affects with the layering. In fact after you have applied your first coat you can apply a second the following day. You'll be surprised at how slick the paint will feel. Don't forget to coat you headlights and tail lights.

Thanks for the quick response Ron! I applied the coat about a month ago but am going to apply the 2nd coat come spring.

• 1 month later...
Guest HTSAL3328

Hi there Ron (or anyone else)

I'm also planning on re-layering some gloss coat around 6 months after the intial coat. Would you recommend a light polish first to give the first coat some extra bite or is that unnecessary?

Cheers

I always like to do a light polish just to enhance the gloss prior to applying any type of wax or sealant.

If your paint is in the same condition 6 months from now you can coat without polishing.

I would use Optimum FerreX after washing to deep clean the paint if you're not polishing.

• 3 months later...

Archived