Ron Harris

Optimum Gloss-Coat

1 hour ago, Blue Dream said:

Is there any downside to using ONRWW and Opti-Seal as a drying agent after an hour of applying Gloss Coat?  Will the WW work well with the OS like ONRWS does?  Should I just do the WW first the follow up with the OS?  Love this forum, thanks for having me.  I am a long time user of more than 10 years of ONRWS and a newer fan of the rest of the Optimum line.  I have religiously used Wolfgang, Menzerna/ Jescar and Pooorboy's World Natty's blue in that timeframe.  Thanks for any and all help.

You should not need to use ONR after applying gloss coat.  It is recommended to use opti-seal 1 hour after the last coat of gloss coat so that is perfectly fine.  It will protect gloss coat during the curing time.  It is not recommended to wash prior to at least 7 days. 

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately I'll have a little more than a week between the applications for the car to get dirty.  That should take care of the Gloss Coat's curing time but I'll obviously need to wash prior to the Opti-Seal.  Would it be better to wash with WS or WW or does it matter.  I have both in my stable.

4 hours ago, Blue Dream said:

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately I'll have a little more than a week between the applications for the car to get dirty.  That should take care of the Gloss Coat's curing time but I'll obviously need to wash prior to the Opti-Seal.  Would it be better to wash with WS or WW or does it matter.  I have both in my stable.

Personal preference on which to use.