When will we see an "opti-clay" product back on the market?

ehall

Just as the topic says. Doc?

Well, I'm not the good Doc but I'll try and answer as best as I can.

Automagic has patent rights to clay and they have basically sued the bloody pants off anyone seeking to make their own clay thus creating a monopoly around the product.

Optimum had the best clay for some time. It was very pliable, never smeared, worked easy with less lubrication but they had to stop manufacturing it because of Automagic. So far there are no plans for Optimum to sell their clay again, which is a real bummer as I am on my last tub of clay right now :lol:

So, we just have to wait and see what the future holds.

Anthony

Anthony,

Can you recommend any alternatives that are comparable to opti-clay that are still available?

Thanks,

Pete

Hey Pete,

Sure wish I knew as I would buy it all up myself!!

Post up on Autopia that you want to buy some Opti-Clay or on Autogeek and there may be a few people willing to sell of some of their stash. It's like gold right now.

Anthony

• 7 months later...

there is an online shop in canada that sells it under the name ricardo clay, the only problem is it cant be shipped to the states by him, there is always the solution of finding somone in canada who can have it shipped to them then they ship it to you.

so if you have any friends in canada then you might be in luck

Strange, because the Opti-Clay is the best I've ever had.

Soft, elastic, so the kneading is basically pull, stretch, and refold. Very easy and effective.

And the clay is gentle on LSPs, yet efficient.

• 5 months later...

So it looks like Sonus green clay is the only thing that's been recommended other than trying to bootleg some optimum clay from Canada.

Does anyone else have a recommendation? I'm planning on claying my metallic black BMW. It's only about a month old, but it fails the plastic bag test miserably. I'm thinking I need the least aggressive clay available. Would the Sonus green be my best bet?

Well it's elastic alright. I like sonus green clay as that is so easy to stretch and fold

Opti took all my strength to get to stretch out and it didn't want to be folded

You need to work with it to see the full elasticity. Warming helps very well. Erazer Clay is GREAT. Now when is Optimum's Decontamination Unit coming out? That's gonna be groundbreaking.

Integrety

Save yourself some money, the 3M blue clay is fabricated by clay magic(evercoat) and sells for much less under the original packaging.

Archived