A Peek At The New Optimum Products

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how would you guys place the OID in the whole process (regular weekly maintenance)

1)ONR

2) OS

3)Spray wax

perhaps the OID is intended for quick touchups in between weekly washes or something like that ?

how would you guys place the OID in the whole process (regular weekly maintenance)

1)ONR

2) OS

3)Spray wax

perhaps the OID is intended for quick touchups in between weekly washes or something like that ?

Ron uses it far more than I do.....he would bath in it if he could!

I mainly use it for touch-ups while Ron uses it before an Opti-Seal or OCW and then again after that application.....and some times between each application. I like use in conjunction with an ONR wash. I spray the panel with a light mist then continue my ONR wash as usual. Or that procedure can also be done in reverse, ONR first then mist on some OID just before drying. Leaves a very glossy and super slick surface behind.

Also, I'm not sure if the OID is as eco-friendly as ONR BUT I also can't see how it would be overly harmful as most of it is absorbed into the towels used.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Anthony

Unfortunately I've used up and thrown out the Optimum as I think it's the worst polish I've ever used in history

No gloss, too weak and doesn't do what others do

The other products I didn't like either so they are now banished

So 32oz makes 1 gallon

Well an Australian made quick detailer/spray sealant/glass polish with six months of protection from just wiping it on and removing with a couple towels is my personal favourite.

The other one I use is an American made one from San Clemente California and 16 oz makes up to four litres (1.2 gallon

It can be applied by machine to polish the paint (brings back all the lost shine, removes oxidation) and gives a deep glass like clarity to all reflected images, will enhance the gloss of unpainted and colored plastic, rubber, vinyl, glass and all interior surfaces

Contains paint sealant which will protect for many months also

Combined, these two will make menzerna and other polishes work longer, stop the dust and help the pads glide over the paint better.

It slightly narrows the gap between showcar and factory paints.

Brings out all the fresh off the gun paint pigment.

Now if your QD can do that too, well maybe I'll try it but it's unlikely

Guest Driven Auto Detail

^^^ Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today? Seriously, the last two posts from you are nothing but negativity towards Optimum. Your lack of general respect for the board is pathetic. What's the point of posting if you're so dissatisfied with the products? You're one of the few that I've heard bash their polishes and the ONLY person I've heard bash the entire line of products. If you're happy with other products, by all means, go use them. No one is forcing you to use Optimum. Maybe you're just a troll trying to cause trouble!?!?! :thumbsupup[1]:

It seems like a lot of people are bashing Optimum products lately, I think that most of these people have some kind of agenda. Optimum is starting to raise the bar and this is starting to scare a lot of people. Keep up the good work David!!

Hi Anthony

Unfortunately I've used up and thrown out the Optimum as I think it's the worst polish I've ever used in history

So 32oz makes 1 gallon

Well an Australian made quick detailer/spray sealant/glass polish with six months of protection from just wiping it on and removing with a couple towels is my personal favourite.

The other one I use is an American made one from San Clemente California and 16 oz makes up to four litres (1.2 gallon

It can be applied by machine to polish the paint (brings back all the lost shine, removes oxidation) and gives a deep glass like clarity to all reflected images, will enhance the gloss of unpainted and colored plastic, rubber, vinyl, glass and all interior surfaces

Combined, these two will make menzerna and other polishes work longer, stop the dust and help the pads glide over the paint better.

Ok, first let me say I am a complete detailing noob (but learning) and at this time its just a hobby/passion of mine and nothing more. I just made my first Optimum purchases (OCWv2 and OID) and can't wait to try thim. I'm new to all the detailing forums (but not forums in general though) including this one and only recently joined a few and started posting but I felt I needed to join this one just to respond to your post. First, I've seen you post a lot of garbage on other boards bashing several product lines including Optimum and pimping the hell out of your own crap and to be honest your actions are despicable to say the least. Second, if you want to bash other brands and pimp your own garbage on other boards by all means enjoy, but to actually come to Optimums open forum and post the crap you did is like walking into someones house and pissing on the floor. I'll give you one guess as to what my response would be if it was my house.

He's just trying to start something, don't give him the pleasure of even acknowledging him. He's a troll.

200px-DoNotFeedTroll_svg.png

Oh I know. He's probably a shill for Glare as well but you can only bite your tongue for so long. I've been lurking on this and all the other main detailing forums for months now and after reading the same garbage over and over there comes a time when you feel you need to say something. Although you're also correct in that I/we shouldn't add more fuel to the fire.

Hi Anthony

So 32oz makes 1 gallon

Hey SVR,

Sorry I missed this post, I would of replied sooner.

Also sorry to hear about your experience with the Optimum products. Perhaps in the future you'll try out some of the improved products (more are in the process of improvements and more new ones coming) and they will be more satisfying.

In regards to that, perhaps in the future it would be best suited if, instead of just bashing the products (or any products) you would try and contact the producers of said products and share your concerns, like/dislikes, with them and perhaps something positive can come out of that. This is how and why I deal with Optimum and Doctor G., because he listens to the end users and takes their ideas and concerns into consideration in regards to his creations. I tried contacting the likes of 3M and Meguiars but they never allowed me to speak directly to the chemists so as to share my feelings about products :confused1[1]:

So instead of saying........"Eh, Optimum Polish gives no gloss, it's weak and doesn't do what others do" it would be of greater benefit to share your concerns directly with David at Optimum, which may not only benefit you but hundreds of other detailers.

Good luck with your products. Lord knows there are plenty of cars and detailers around to use and like all the products available.

In closing, perhaps it's not the Optimum products that don't work well for you, as many detailers both pro and amateur seem to have great results with them, but rather your technique. Just something to think about.

Take care,

Anthony

Archived