Greetings from New Hampshire

pwaug

A long time Zaino user planning to switch to Optimum products to save a little time and a few bucks since I retired early--don't want to take more time than necessary away from the Golf and Skiing!

First bottle of ONR is on the way and should arrive by Friday in time for some warm weather this weekend. In spite of all the positive posts on this and other forums, I must admit I am still a little apprehensive as the bottom half of my Passant Variant is covered with salt and sand. I'll let you know how it goes.

I do all my work by hand and still have some Z products that I don't want to waste so in the spring plan to Clay, a coat of ZAIO, a coat of ZCS (similar to Opti-Seal) and then a coat of OCW after a few hours curing time. Then maintain with the new O Quick Detailer and add a coat of OCW each month and a coat of ZCS every 3 months until next November to get me through next winter.

Once the ZAIO is gone plan to replace it with Poli-Seal and replace the ZCS with Opti-Seal and continue the routine.

Would welcome any comments or suggestions regarding my plans from you guys who know the Optimum products.

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul. I think you will be very happy with the ease of use and results you get from Optimum.

I looked into Zaino a while back and was put off by the mixing of ingredients and the numbers, etc. it just wasn't intuitive for me.

Welcome to the forums Paul.

I'm from Buffalo myself so 4 months of the year vehicles around here are covered in salt, slush, and just general grime. I'd recommend picking up a 2 gallon Gilmour sprayer from the local hardware store and presoaking/rinsing as much as possible with either just straight hot water or an ONR solution before doing the bucket wash to minimize the risk of marring. Of course you could always do the coin-op deal but it the roads there are anything like they are around these parts your vehicle will be a mess by the time you get home.

Welcome to Optimum World. Lovely winter we're having isn't it? (For skiing at least ... car care - not so much :))

It is a great winter for Skiing and there are some deals out there--If you show an "Allstar Rewards Card" from Golf and Ski at Sunapee during the week it is half off (card is free at the store or online) and this Sunday free skiing for 2 at Gunstock if you show up before noon in a VW.

I hope the ONR will help with the car care!!

Archived