OB spray gun offered by AG

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Guest Driven Auto Detail

That's what I figured Chris. I was planning on just going with the same setup Ron has. Sometimes AG makes really makes me scratch my head.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Thanks for the offer Chris, I really appreciate it. But, I think I'm just going to save up for the AC fed gun. I've been wanting an AC for a while to help with other tasks. Thanks again!

That gun advertised by AG, sorry to say, doesn't work well at all. It's what I used the first time I tried OB some years ago and I hated it. It will work but there are better options out there. I'm sure it will work just fine for some but in my personal experience I did not care for it at all.

Anthony

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Thanks for the info Anthony! Like I said, I really wasn't interested in buying it, just curious as to what others thought. When I saw the price on it, I had my doubts.

• 4 months later...

Which spray gun are ya'll talking about? Thanks

I'd go for the <$20 that Ron uses if you are gonna use a compressor or for $69 get the self sufficient one I use. $49 is just rediculous for that gun when you still have to buy a compressor and hose and extension cord to use it. Mine just plugs into power, no air hose or compressor and they have them on Ebay Buy It Now priced at like $34-39 bucks. Also, I tried OB at 2:1 on the Tundra instead of 1:1 and I actually like it better, seems to level itself a little quicker. That means saves me more money, yippie!

I would like to know also. I havent really looked into spray guns and im thinking maybe I should. What is the ideal spray gun for detailing? I have about 30 sprayguns available to me through some of my distributors but just browsing through them quickly I didnt see anything geared towards detailing use as far as ease of use and set up. I think this is an area where I need to educate myself.

I cjecked out the ebay store you told me about and I can not find just the cannisters

Same, did a search for Empowered Equipment and they didn't have that model for sale.

Did however find that you can get a full kit for $69 Shipped. Nice to have a machine that shoots all those chemicals.

Thanks for the links and all the help :thumbsupup[1]:

Last question do you dilute the TOTL best dressed? I just got some in to use for the engine

• 2 months later...

This is rather an old thread, but a sprayer similar to the one shown can be found at a lot of places.

I happened to find some at a Family Dollar store for less than $3. Not this brand, but with a brass nozzle that seems to be holding up good. I have been using one of them for several months and it has been very handy.

Mine is the 1.5 quart size. I have also seen similar units at Northern Tool, Big Lots, Central Tractor, and Menard's. They are usually in the lawn & garden section since they seem to be used a lot with lawn chemicals. If they stand up to lawn chemicals, they must be fairly durable.

6a84a4316f761f1047ee00f2b6ce20de.gif

• 2 weeks later...

For applying opti gel we use a HVLP spray gun with a 1.4 nozzle @ 20psi, the brand is not important as most will work(you are not painting with metalics, so for the US harbor freight and in Canada princess auto). We use a similar gun with a 1.0 nozzle for APC application on wheels and engines. The advantages of a spray gun are ease of product placement, an less waste.

Archived