Is it ok to use OID to remove dust from car?

I washed my car and used OID 5 days ago but my car's hood has a fine mist of dust. Is it ok to just use a microfiber towel and spray OID to remove dust? Or is it better to wash the entire car again? I have Opticoat Pro on the car & also Optiseal. I had a professional detailer apply it on my car back in Nov. 2014. The detailer is a authorized installer for Optimum.

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

Ok...not all dust is the same. Concrete dust from your garage floor is very abrasive, as compared to household dust which is a lot of skin flakes and frequently paper dust (facial and toilet tissues), as well as some carpet dust, etc.

The other big factor, and I think Mike Phillips of Autogeek and formerly Meguiar's has a thread about this topic somewhere ("when is it safe to use a quick detailer to clean dust off my car?"), is whether the car has been outside and exposed to dew/condensation, as this will adhere the dust to the surface after it dries.

If the dust is still "fluffy" you can very carefully try to clean it off with OID. A better choice might be to try Opti-Clean as this is specifically designed as a waterless wash.

Hopefully the management won't mind me linking this thread since Autogeek is an OPT distributor: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/23128-tips-techniques-using-spray-detailer-remove-light-dust-fingerprints-smudges.html

Optimum Fanatic thanks for the advice. I believe the dust is from dew/condensation since it's been unusually cold in Honolulu. What you said makes sense because the day after I wash n used OID I had dust. To be on the safe side I'll just wash my car again and use OID. I haven't used OCW yet as I was not sure if it was safe to use on Opticoat Pro and Optiseal.

Archived