Storing and reusing Gloss Coat

Guest spagett

Guest spagett

It says "destroy after single use" on the syringe. Some people have speculated that if you pumped the air out the product could be reused. Is that possible? If not, is there another way you'd recommend storing it so it wouldn't become unusable after a couple weeks or even months?

My issue is I'm getting my car back from the body shop soon with fresh paint on the bumper and hood and I won't be able to coat them with the rest of my car like I planned in early April. So could you recommend how I could store the leftover amount for possibly 60-90 days? Or should I just wait to do the whole car at once?

Thank you!

It says "destroy after single use" on the syringe.

That means don't reuse the syringe for something else after it's empty. The "single use" is when the fill of Gloss-Coat is used up.

They really should change that wording to "destroy when empty" or "do not reuse syringe when empty" or "do not refill", too many people get confused over this.

Guest spagett

That means don't reuse the syringe for something else after it's empty. The "single use" is when the fill of Gloss-Coat is used up.

They really should change that wording to "destroy when empty" or "do not reuse syringe when empty" or "do not refill", too many people get confused over this.

It probably hasn't been a big issue since most people will use all 10cc at once, but that would be helpful.

I would check with the bodyshop to see if the paint will be fully cured or not when you get the vehicle back. If it is cured then no need to wait before applying the Optigloss.

Absolutely. The timeframe the body shop gave me was 60-90 days.

Archived