Opti Gloss Coat on large car

Guest Salvatore Minnella

Guest Salvatore Minnella

Hi, I'm a long time Optimum user (10+ years) and I'm using most of the line. I love the products as they are easy to work with and provide excellent results.

Question for the experts here. I'm giving my BMW 750LiX a good spring cleaning. Washed it well, nanoskin the paint, buffing now.

I'd like to put a Opti Gloss Coat on the entire car (and wheels). Is 10ML enough to do a car of this size.

I've applied Opti Coat 2.0 once in the past so I'm confident I'll be OK working with the product but I sometimes do tend to over apply (I do realized that you have buff off any residual after it levels etc.).

I guess my main questions is this. If applied properly is 10ML enough to do a car of this size (and hopefully the wheels inside and out).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Salvatore Minnella

Thanks guys. I ended up doing the entire 750Li with two coats (all paintwork, wheels (complete), trim, lights and all glass except windshield). I did one coat and then another 24 hours later. I still have about 1.5 to 2cc of product left.

I ended up buying two vials as I did the work before I got a response but the other vial won't go to waste!

10 mls is plenty for a 750, depending on what you coated (windows, wheels, trim, etc). We sell 15 mls to provide enough for the largest SUV.

Are you saying the 10ml syringe actually has 15ml in it? Because I know when the product came out people were saying the 10ml syringes seemed to have more than 10ml in them.

Archived