Warranty Claim?

Guest ThickWK2

Guest ThickWK2

So, I posted about this in another thread, but figured I'd open a new one.

I had opti-coat pro and gloss applied to my car back in May. Since then, I've acquired several stains from bugs (despite washing every 1 to 2 weeks) that I cannot get rid of. I've tried polishing with GPS, claying and the power wash stuff, but nothing seems to remove the stains. I've contacted the detailer who applied it for suggestions, but he has not responded. In addition to this, everything I've read online seems to indicate that this is unusual.

So, I'm wondering, is this appropriate for a warranty claim? It just seems that the opti-coat isn't protecting against the bugs at all.

Bugs should not etch Opti-Coat Pro and your first move is to contact your installer. They are responsible for checking out your car and correcting if necessary. If your installer will not respond, email ron@opti-coat.net and Optimum will get involved. Your satisfaction is very important.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ThickWK2

Hi All, Thanks for the replies! I finally got a response from the installer and this was his response:

"if the stain/ bug etching has not come off with the methods you have tried then sanding would probably be the only fix for the problem. Even then its possibe that its beyond fixing and may require a repaint. But a light sanding would probably fix it and then polish and recoat."

Is this right? Do I have to really have to sand it down and re-polish with the possible necessity of re-painting? I know opti-coat isn't bullet proof, but I wash my car religiously every 2 weeks and wipe the bugs off once or twice a week. After 4 months, I've got around 6 or 7 stains that won't come off with claying or GPS polish. And I work from home, so I don't even drive that much.

I'm really concerned that I wasted all of this money on something that is high maintenance and, even then, doesn't protect from bug stains.

Can anyone help? Ron@optimum, does the above sound right?

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Sounds to me that you've got an installer who's not standing behind the product like he is supposed to. Even w/o a warranty, good customer service still applies - he apparently doesn't get that.

Can't believe the guy is an authorized installer.

And by the way, there's no way sanding or 're-paint should have been mentioned. At worst, compound the area to remove the imperfection, polish, and re-coat.

Archived