Opti cost questions (brake calipers, headlight, glass)

Kiddetailer

I have a few questions for coatings. I want to coat my new car that I'm going to buy next year. Will have it professionally corrected and opti pro coated.

im picking opti coat pro because it's the only one to claim Permanent vs other coatings that do not make this claim.

while I research this coating I seem to hear a lot about water spotting.
in addition, how do I really know if the coating has worn off or not?
Can I use iron x and not worry about the coating coming off? Clay bar?

for headlight and rear tailight is it better to use opti lens?
for windshield and windows use opti coat or opti-glass?

Will opti coat protect the paint on brake calipers.....that will be seeing track time? Typically colored calipers will change color due to the heat from Track day.

You've made the right choice of coatings and for the right reason - OCP is a permanent coating that can only be abraided off or removed with paint removal acid. Water spotting only comes from "man made" water, not rain, and is the mineral residue left when water evaporates. No coating can stop that but OCP will make them easier to remove. The solution to water spotting is never let water sit on your paint, but dry it quickly. As I said, OCP will not "wear off", but to check, spray water on a clean car and it will bead. Yes you can use IronX (or Optimum FerreX) safely on a coated car. You can clay if done properly (with a good clay lube - we recommend Optimum Spray Wax), but do it in moderation. Clay usually requires some polishing and that removes Coatings and clear coat. Opti-Lens is formulated to bond with plastic lens and has a heavier dose of UV protection. Opti-Glass Pro will stand up to wiper friction much better than Opti-Coat, but both products are effective on glass. Opti-Coat Pro will protect calipers, make cleaning much easier, and should deal with heat without issue. Hope that answers your questions...

Thank you for the useful information.

I read that Opti-Glass is NOT permanent.

So only Opti-Coat Pro and Opti-Lens are permanent?

What about Opti-Trim?

I think I'm leaning towards just Opti-coating the body and the Opti-Lens for the headlights and brake lights.

For trim, I'm not sure to Opti-Coat or use Opti-Trim

Hi I had Opti Coat Pro installed by a professional. He did the whole car including, windshields, windows, headlights & tailights. He also applied Opti Seal after Opti Coat Pro. Total cost was $395.00 because my car was brand new with only a smudge of fine swirls on small area of my hood. Not much paint correction was needed.

not questioning 1geek4u, but that price is below the minimums allowed by Optimum. I'm guessing his car was coated several years ago, before the 5 year warranty was added. Yes, Opti-Coat Pro and Opti-Lens are a permanent coatings (Opti-Glass Pro is a 3 year product). Opti-Trim Protectant is considered permanent, but conditions may impact that - is vehicle garaged, geography (Arizona UV is much more serious than N Dakota, wear & tear on vehicle, etc.

not questioning 1geek4u, but that price is below the minimums allowed by Optimum. I'm guessing his car was coated several years ago, before the 5 year warranty was added. Yes, Opti-Coat Pro and Opti-Lens are a permanent coatings (Opti-Glass Pro is a 3 year product). Opti-Trim Protectant is considered permanent, but conditions may impact that - is vehicle garaged, geography (Arizona UV is much more serious than N Dakota, wear & tear on vehicle, etc.

The car was done last year when I bought my new 2015 car which was only 3 weeks old. I do have the 5 yr warranty. I believe the installer is a honest business person. The car did not have much paint correction since it was brand new. Surprisely the dealer didn't cause any marring on the paint after they washed and detailed my car.

We all know it's the labor cost of prepping the car before Opti Coat Pro is applied on car. I had another installer quote me $1200.00 for Cquartz which I declined since it only has a 2 yr warranty. I don't know anything about Optimum's minimums for their authorized installers/dealers. I can say that I'm satisfied with Opti Coat Pro and all the other Optimum products that I use. Hahaha! don't bother asking me who the installer was because I won't say. ;)

Archived