Applying Opti-Glass in the Autumn

Lowejackson

Considering buying some Optiglas. However at the moment the minimum application temperature are the maximum ambient temperature here in the UK and night time temperatures dropping quite a bit. I do not have a garage, the car is kept outside all the time. Are there any tips or techniques which would make the job easier and would Clean & Protect help protect against the initial night dampness

I haven't gotten any feedback concerning issues with temperature applying Opti-Glass. Generally there is some leeway with the recommended highs and lows. There have been some recent posts concerning Glass on Facebook and one recommendation reinforced from Optimum is to spray DIRECTLY onto the pad and apply immediately in a cris cross pattern. Opti-Glass is cured from moisture in the air and begins that curing as soon as it's sprayed, so getting it into the pad on onto the windshield is necessary.

There were several posts on Facebook today, but it's the Authorized Optimum Pro Coating Installers page and is closed to non authorized installers. if you're approved, email info@optimumcarcare.com for access. If authorized, type "opti-glass" in the subject box. There is a Glass video on opti-coat.net under "Videos" that can help.

Thats ok Ron, I was not expecting access

Quick additional question. When would I use Clean & Protect, is there a curing time with Opti-Glass where it cannot be used and how often would I normally need to use it. If you get some time it would be interesting to see some more information about Clean & Protect

Opti-Glass is surface cured in 1 hour. Clean & Protect should be used whenever you need to clean the windshield. It is particularly effective with Opti-Glass, actually renewing and replenishing it (has some of the same protective resin as the Glass coating). I'm not exactly sure what we can add to Clean & Protect, usage and performance are straightforward.

Archived