Are my towels ruined?

conboy

My wife wanted her car washed while I was doing mine with ONR. She came out to help me and instead of spraying OID on her ride before she dried it she sprayed tire shine. By the time I noticed, my brand new WWMF was almost completely black. Can it be washed or should I throw it away? Thanks.

I would be lying if I said I didn't flip out initially, but we laughed it off together. Just to make sure, I have since washed the towel in question, and the stains are still there. So are the ones from times that I missed a spot with ONR. I am assuming it is still safe to use. Thanks in advance with such a silly question.

Yeah just the fibers may be "stained" but the towel itself will still work as designed.

The best way to ruin a towel is by dropping it or having the wind blow it off a car and into a pile off Oak tree pollen crap!! That stuff just entangles inside the MF towels and won't come out so you have to trash the towel :beerchug[1]:

Anthony

Yeah just the fibers may be "stained" but the towel itself will still work as designed.

The best way to ruin a towel is by dropping it or having the wind blow it off a car and into a pile off Oak tree pollen crap!! That stuff just entangles inside the MF towels and won't come out so you have to trash the towel :beerchug[1]:

Anthony

SWEET JESUS!!! I've using my MFs to wipe off pollen for 2 weeks! OH WELL!!

Pollen has the potential to be abrasive so during these pollen days here in South Texas I like to 1) use the traditional washing method or 2) if using No Rinse I will use a wetter ONR wash mitt and/or use the OID as a presoak.

If you happen to get crap in your towels, no not the literal type as that would warrant a quick and hasty disposal, but rather pollen and shrub type crap it's best to try and brush and vacuum the stuff out.

Adios,

Anthony

Archived