Question on cure time and dust

Guest csbear

Guest csbear

Hi,

I just had the Opticoat ceramic coating applied to my car yesterday. I picked up the car today and while driving back home I drove through a "dust storm," for a couple seconds, created by a farming tractor that was working in the fields.

The Opticoat definitely had many hours to cure overnight, but was wondering if this could affect the properties or will the dust "stick" to the coating?

I guess if that was the case, then having the wheels coated would be pointless because brake dust would ruin a just treated wheel the moment you drive off!

But to alleviate my fears I decided to ask here anyway...

Thanks in advance everyone!

Congratulations on protecting your vehicle with the best Coating available! After 1 hour the Coating is surface cured and dust or other pollutants will not affect the properties. We recommend not washing with soap for 7 days, but you can blow dust off or rinse with microfiber or soft sponge. Make sure to dry with a clean microfiber towel if using tap water, even Opti-Coat Pro is not impervious to water spots.

Guest csbear

Thank you Ron for the quick reply!

I am very happy with the result (prep work and coating itself) and the car looks fantastic. The detailer took some pics in the sun and we all just stared at the car during the process.

Also, thanks for the car care tips. I will get back to my typical 2 bucket method wash in about a week or two. It will be weird not waxing the car for such a long time, but the time saved will be worth it.

Archived