Optimum "X" Soon To Be Released!

Anthony Orosco

Well it's finally come to the place where I can say with almost 100% accuracy that Optimum's latest (and perhaps greatest) product is in its final stages for release! :beerchug[1]:

It was at first going to be released and sold only to professional detailers but after much debate it's been decided that the product shall be released and sold to both pros and enthusiasts, I can say that with, again, almost 100% accuracy (a developing idea is in the works for pros only).

Only Optimum shall carry this product and that will be the policy until further notice.

The reason for this is because there will be no standing stock of product. It will be created as it's ordered. There will be no stock set aside which means when you call and order it is is basically custom made for you. Each bottle will be numbered and dated

It will be sold in 2 ounce containers in a kit which includes a paint pre-cleaner and applicator and only sold to those which sign a release form.

Cost is not yet set but look for a price around $90.00 for 2 ounces. 2 ounces should be enough to coat 4 to 5 cars. Durability is far beyond any sealant. It can be layered and also topped with carnauba waxes and polymer sealants.

In our testing we have used it on both clear coats and single stage paints with incredible results. It has been used on glass, plastic lenses and hard trim. It is formulated with the same UV absorbers present in clear coats which gives single stage paints a huge bonus.

It also has a very unique property which I shall discuss in a few days as I confirm the results of further testing.

Some samples have/are going to be sent out to detailers, both pro and enthusiasts, so look for their reviews. These detailers have already been chosen so please do not ask to get a sample, thank you.

Anthony

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This black Carrera was finished out in "X" (X is not the products name, just withholding the name until labels are done) as are all vehicles in this post.

OOCCarrera.jpg

1005384zc4.jpg

1005381he4.jpg

Single stage 1952 Speedster

Speedster-1.jpg

57-Optseal.jpg

Anthony

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Very cool news Anthony! Can you share any information about the application process and the projected durability? I know you mentioned previously something about training being required for this product. Is that not in the mix now that it is going to marketed to enthusiasts? What about the release form? What is it releasing Optimum from?

From a marketing standpoint, will there be any material (flyers, brochures, etc.) that will be available? With such a unique & expensive product, I know I would like to have something for my customers to read so they know just how unique of a product it is, and to differentiate it from those "5-year sealant" type of products.

Again, very exciting news! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Very cool news Anthony! Can you share any information about the application process and the projected durability? I know you mentioned previously something about training being required for this product. Is that not in the mix now that it is going to marketed to enthusiasts? What about the release form? What is it releasing Optimum from?

From a marketing standpoint, will there be any material (flyers, brochures, etc.) that will be available? With such a unique & expensive product, I know I would like to have something for my customers to read so they know just how unique of a product it is, and to differentiate it from those "5-year sealant" type of products.

Again, very exciting news! I can't wait to hear more about it.

The application process can be applied in one of 2 ways. By hand via an applicator or through a spray gun.

The process was rather complicated and there was a definite learning curve but through some tweaks and further testing in terms of application we have been able to simplify it to a degree much like that of OptiSeal. The application area needs to be clean and free from blowing debris and out of the direct sun. After a heavy paint correction session I highly recommend the car be thoroughly washed so as to remove all buffing matter.

I can't say much on the release form other than Doctor G. is working on that. In a nutshell it will release Optimum from users who misuse the product.

Yes, there will be printed material going out with this product in terms of information and application process.

Durability? It's still on my early test cars at 3 years now. This is not a sealant but a coating.

Anthony

Hmm, I remember David mentioning this product last Summer. Im happy its getting closer to being released.

Im assuming if a release needs to be signed, it has a set up/cure point, where "theres no turning back"...with that said, sounds like a product made for durability.

integrity is intrigued..... ;) ninja raid on Memphis to recover product "X", oh wait, custom made to order....drat! foiled again!!!!

Seriously though, I have one question: does the surface have to be perfect before "x" is applied or is it leveling the paint?

This coating can be applied over perfect or not so perfect paint. The results though on not so perfect paint is just that......not so perfect! It does seem to enhance imperfections so we strive to get paint as perfect as possible before we apply "X".

The protection though is not affected by paint which is not finished out. It's just as durable.

Anthony

Sounds like a good product to sell lease customers on. 3 year lease and they'd really only need it sealed one time.

How well does it resist swirls? Since you say it is a coating, does it keep swirls from developing in the paint itself?

Hmm, I remember David mentioning this product last Summer. Im happy its getting closer to being released.

Im assuming if a release needs to be signed, it has a set up/cure point, where "theres no turning back"...with that said, sounds like a product made for durability.

Very durable. As long as it's applied correctly and thoroughly there is no worries. It can also be removed but it won't be done with dish washing soap:)

Anthony

Sounds like a good product to sell lease customers on. 3 year lease and they'd really only need it sealed one time.

How well does it resist swirls? Since you say it is a coating, does it keep swirls from developing in the paint itself?

This is a great question. It *seems* to help reduce marring on our test cars but these tests might be skewed in the sense that we are very careful in the first place about reducing marring introduced from washing and drying. I do know that the clients cars I have it on have no clue what's on their paint but they have noticed something different about it.

This can be a great up sell for the pro, just as you mentioned Scott.

Anthony

Here are a few loaded questions, firstly how is Optimum X designed or formulated such that its different from a synthetic sealant that creates protection on the surface?

How does it compare to say Matrix Micro Coatings, 5 Star Shine, Xzillon, Auto Int's Professional Sealant, etc. basically multi year sealants or coatings that claim at least 1-3 years of no waxing. I know each of those sealants have all their science and supposed chemistry, but they are clearly different from your usual paint sealant if I'm not mistaken. Guessing Dr. G can chime in here.

Should be interesting to see how this develops, there will definitely be skeptics.

Here are a few loaded questions, firstly how is Optimum X designed or formulated such that its different from a synthetic sealant that creates protection on the surface?

How does it compare to say Matrix Micro Coatings, 5 Star Shine, Xzillon, Auto Int's Professional Sealant, etc. basically multi year sealants or coatings that claim at least 1-3 years of no waxing. I know each of those sealants have all their science and supposed chemistry, but they are clearly different from your usual paint sealant if I'm not mistaken. Guessing Dr. G can chime in here.

Should be interesting to see how this develops, there will definitely be skeptics.

I haven't worked with many of the products you have named but I believe some of those are polymer typed sealants and even those claiming more than a year must have a "booster" of sorts applied every so often. Optimum X, as far as our testing goes, is a one time application and it appears to be permanent once applied. It also appears to actually add to the overall thickness of your clear coat (this portion of testing is not completely confirmed as of yet) as paint gauge measurings seem to indicate.

There are skeptics in every claim just about and I was one of them at first as I didn't believe we would ever get something like this to work as it does.

Ron goes around and applies it to everything he can! ;)

Anthony

Interesting and exciting times for Optimum indeed. ;)

> Can the pre-cleaner be used by hand or is a power tool in order to use it properly.

Hey RIK,

The pre-cleaner is designed so that you can be assured your paint is free from any oils and such after polishing. It is in spray form so hand application will be the method.

Anthony

Thanks for info Anthony, will we be able to get a guide on how exactly this product works scientifically (simplified I hope) to justify the claims/usage?

Archived