Optimum "X" Soon To Be Released!

Anthony Orosco

I find it funny that a guy on another forum named DUMBLOW thinks he has hit the nail on the head in saying that the Optimum product X is just like X-Kote. Yvan is comparing them because he works with X-Kote in his shop. He has stated to me as well as david that the purpose of X-Kote is to make an old weathered finish look new. It offers no protection after it is cured and the Mfg. recommends that you apply a spray wax during the first week while the finish cures to protect it from water spotting and etching. The optimum product is designed to protect the finish. If it fills and hides then it is a plus. I have yet to see it hide any imperfection with my samples.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ron

Initally the Xcoat does not provide protectoin, but once cures it's just like the factory clear coat.

Both products have there place, but they are in now way intended for the same purpose, the optimum product(we should remove the X from it's description, it's misleading to say the least) is an asddition to the factory finish that provides the same type of protection as the so called ceramic clears, think of it as a permanent gloss enhancer.

The X coat is a clear coat replacement, and acts as a filler to fill minor imperfections in the surface.

I would not put x coat on a new car, but the optimum product would be a great dealer up-sell in the little back ofice where they try to sell you needless useless items, with this for once they would have something real to sell.

Anyone have a suggested name for DR. G's miracle juice?

One suggestion OPTI-PROTEC

There is a name but until Doctor G. has all the legal stuff done we are just calling it "X".

The name "X" would be my bad because I was drawing from cartoons and such when they would label a secret idea or product "X".......I had no idea of the X-coat and the connection many may draw from that.

Anthony

We know how to spell it we just don't want a legal issues .

Anthony

Possibly a manre change to ACME road runner surface enhancer(I guess I am older than you, when I was young if it didn't ahve a name it was made by ACME).

Bence

Have you used the PResto stuff, and if yes how does it fare!

This is a quote from Dumblow

That was the one that killed me about Optimum X- as hard as ceramic clear coat.

How do these people come up with this stuff. Did some one refer to the Optimum product as hard ad Ceramic clear coat.

Yes, my first question on this forum, any further forward ?

I`ll order mine now + shipping to the UK.

Sorry people for my brief check-out from the forums. Been very busy with all kinds of things home based plus work. We are only waiting now for some feedback from some other beta testers and as soon as that's compiled and any issues addressed then it shouldn't be much longer until it's ready to go.

Thanks for your patience and continued interest. You won't be disappointed with the product and I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Anthony

Sorry people for my brief check-out from the forums. Been very busy with all kinds of things home based plus work. We are only waiting now for some feedback from some other beta testers and as soon as that's compiled and any issues addressed then it shouldn't be much longer until it's ready to go.

Thanks for your patience and continued interest. You won't be disappointed with the product and I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Anthony

Cheers Anthony :dribble[1]:

Archived