Revisiting Carnauba's

Anthony Orosco

Well a few details ago Ron was surprised to see me dig out some of my old Victoria's Concours wax, rub it in my palms and then apply it to a black Porsche Boxster we had just detailed. He watched me apply it to a few panels, cracked a few jokes about it and me and then washed his hands and wanted to try it.

Now he's hooked on it and order a tub for himself :lol:

I do not appreciate the extra time this type of application takes but I can appreciate that extra bit of warmth and glow one gets from a fine beauty wax. I also have the Victoria's Crusin wax, P21S, Trade Secret, some very old Zymol waxes, Pizazz, and others I can't remember at the moment. I'll be trying them all again in the future on various cars and maybe try a few of the new ones out also. I'm very fond of the Victoria line and I hear they have a new wax coming out soon so I may seek to purchase that one.

How about we get Doctor G. to create a paste wax?? :drive2[1]:

Anthony

Ron said you have soft hands, and I thought it was just because he did all the work, LOL! Just teasing, do you really apply it "by hand."

:drive2[1]:

Yep.....by bare hands. It's not something I would do in the winter time mainly because my hands get like sandpaper because of the dry air. Come the humid summer though and that's not a problem. People kinda freak when they see you rubbing their paint down like you're oiling up a huge walrus or something but it does set you apart from other detailers.

The basic deal is that the carrier solvents get absorbed by the foam or applicator and thus you're nixing the full benefits the wax has to offer. Hand applications allows 100% delivery of the wax and its benefits. Not all paste waxes work well with hand application but mainly your beautification waxes do.

Anthony

The Vic Concours is a mighty fine wax! It works well with an applicattor too.

The acrylic-enhanced Cruising which is unfortunately not is production any more, currently beats Meg's #16 on my car. Significant performance, because the Vic sits on the hood, and the Meg's is on the roof.

Because the acrylic component got discontinued and David decided not to replace it. Instead the developing the new higher end wax which is tuned according to David Jr.'s tastes so it has more wetness. David Sr. prefers the natural, balanced, understated true wax look, while Jr. tends to gravitate toward blingier appearances; but still inside the tasteful limits. Three exceptional waxes from one house - great.

Ron said you have soft hands, and I thought it was just because he did all the work, LOL! Just teasing, do you really apply it "by hand."

Rofl! I always thought Ron said he has soft hands for a very different reason! :drive2[1]:

I still use Trade Secret. The stuff is awesome! Doc G. most definitely needs to get us a paste wax.

Archived