Differences Between Tire Shine and Opti-Bond, and When....

It looks like no one has asked this question for a while and I'm going to ask it a little differently. I know that Tire Shine is a little glossier, and that Opti-Bond can be diluted.

I notice both products use the same MSDS, but they are not the same at all...Opti-Bond is completely non-greasy feeling, while Tire Shine feels like the typical PDMS dressing. What is it about Opti-Bond that it has a completely different tactile feel than Tire Shine?

And when is OPT going to come out with a tire coating? This would seem like a logical step for the originator of coatings and there are already OPT coating products for paint, glass, trim, lenses, and interiors...seems like tires are the only thing left.

I was kind of hoping for a Dr. G-style technical differentiation as to why Opti-Bond isn't greasy feeling.

No rush on the tire coating, I have Tire Shine, Opti-Bond, some other dressings, and even some "hard shell" tire coating that I wanted to try before it got discontinued, so I'm good until about 2020, longer if we keep having these "low wash" years here in NJ where it doesn't rain.

A consumer tyre coating would be ideal. Here in the UK it rains a lot so a durable product would be great. Even when it is not raining we have a lot of dampness. This was perfect for working cotton during the industrial revolution but not so good for car products

Chris, can you expand a little about Optibond's anti ageing properties

Opti-Bond contains no petroleum distillates which are known to crack rubber and vinyl. It contains advanced UV and ozone protectants to shield surfaces from sun damage and environmental pollution. Rubber and vinyl surfaces will remain supple, flexible and retain their color with regular use of Opti-Bond.

Archived