Switched from CQUK to gloss coat, long time OPT wax user.

facglide

Hey guys, just made the move from CQUK to gloss coat and am loving it. Easier to install, better gloss IMO, slicker, more hydrophobic and my main ride is a brand spanking new 2016 Mistubishi Lancer Evolution in their new Diamond (triple pearl) White color, so I also appreciate that there is no darkening effect like the CQUK has and would drown out the lovely pearl! I am also tired of a coating that relies on ritual use of a sealant to maintain effectiveness.

Anyhow, I am also a huge long time fan of OPT wax, hyper polish and ONR. I have been using ultima for waterless, but am taking the plunge into doing a gallon of opti clean.

What I love about OPT.....no koolaid, no voodoo, no strange hip commercials and 10000 dollars waxes. Function gives birth to form and I am happy to convert my entire arsenal for all my cars to OPT. Here to learn more, keep up on the new tech and maybe some feedback now and then. Glad to meet you all!

Would you mind posting your thoughts on Gloss-Coat/Optimum on the autogeek/autopia forums? We always appreciate the positive feedback. There are also a series of Optimum Podcasts full of great information, available at opticoat.com under the "media" tab.

I meant 2015 Evoluition Final Edition. I almost went with an 2016 STi, love them to death, but owning an end of the line iconic car, I could not pass up. But hey I also have a 2016 FRS in white I will be enjoying, so I am on both sides of the field!

Sure will, I have an account over there, probably made a few comments about using opt car wax maybe 5-6 years ago!

Archived