Opti Coat Pro + swirl correction

Jchan

I know there was a thread below in regards to my topic but I browsed through it and I don't think it addressed my question.

So i've noticed after a year I have swirl marks on my opti coat pro vehicle. So i'm trying to fix the swirls by using a PC and using poli-seal. I tried it under a white LC pad and it appears to not correct the issue. I thought the pad may not be aggressive enough so I decided to try an Orange LC pad. But it also didn't have any affect on it. What should i do? Should I use hyper polish? but that would remove my opti coat right? Also have I changed the integrity of opticoat pro when I tried to fix the swirls with poli-seal?

I appreciate all the advice.

Depending on how bad the swirls are, Poli-Seal is a very light cleaner/polish and might not remove them. Any polish you use will remove some coating and the more corrective the polish/pad, the more coating you take off. Hyper Polish might remove your swirls but can compromise the Opti-Coat Pro.

Would hyper polish on a black finishing LC pad still compromise my opti-coat pro? I know itll affect it to some degree but I was wondering if it would eliminate it as a whole.

Appreciate the advice! Starting to think I should just leave the swirl marks be..and enjoy the effects of opti coat pro and dont stress over minor imperfections

Again, any polish will removes coating (whether Optimum or manufacturer clear coat). It's difficult to advise regarding polish and pad because we can't know the degree of marring/swirling/scratches (and pictures do not make that easier). Hyper Polish with an orange pad may remove your marring but it will reduce the OCP.

• 2 weeks later...

What about pure polishes or non-abrassive polishes?

I have listened to the OPT sinergy podcast where Dr. G. said you can use non-abrassives on opti-coat without affecting it which makes sence.

Has anyone used and/or tried using them on opti-coat for the purpose of cleansing paint or in this case the top layer of opti-coat?

Archived