Hello from Europe

A&J

I have commented on this forum before but did not introduce myself. I am A&J (not my name off course but my nickname). I come from a little country in Europe east from Italy and south of Austria. I have been using ONR for a year now and have totally converted to rinseless washing because of it...It is a great product, so much so that I have also tried other OPT products (OCW, opti-seal, ONRWW). So far I have not been dissapointed apart from a few problems lately with OCW.

This is what I bought today to expand my OPT range

130620161963_zpswnhzbqrs.jpg

I hope you guys can help me along if a question opens up about polishing with Hyper polish, tips and tricks and so on...

I have also received an old used version of Opti-coat 2.0. My dealer gave it to me and told me to try it out but that it is probarly gone bad after a while. Is that true and how fast does Opti-coat go bad once you open it up?

I am also having problems with streaking from OCW. I have never before had problem with it but I am near the end of my OCW bottle and the emptier it gets the more it seems to streak. It was fine and great to use untill this point. I use it on a cool surface, as a rinse aid after ONR wash, half or 1 spray per panel, no more and still have problems with it. I have also tried the 1-step wash/clay/protect by Ivan LaCroix and it still streaked. Anyone else had that problem? I will most likely just use it up in my wash solution (5ml in 2 gallons of ONR) untill its gone.

A&J

Welcome to the Forum. The usual cause of Wax streaking is using too much product. Give your bottle a strong shake and try using just a spray per panel. Optimum is the opposite of "more is better". Also avoid waxing in direct sunlight, another cause of hazing.

If the Opti-Coat 2.0 is liquid, not gelled, it should be good.

Not that OCW streaked, it left carnauba spots (I should say) behind. I have used it before without a problem, it started doing this now that I am nearing the end of the bottle. I tried using it on cold surfaces, in the shade, new microfiber, half a spray to 1 spray per panel, as a drying aid for ONR, on a clean and dry surface...nothing seems to work unless I wipe those spots with a bit of force back and forth, then they dissapear or spread over a larger surface so its not visible anymore I guess.

Nonetheless I will however try to use it up in the ONR solution. Im thinking 5ml per 2 gallons of solution will be enough?

Haha thanks...I started learning at the age of 5 ever since we got Cartoon network :lshic[1]: We also learned it in school, well that and German but Im rubbish at that...All I remember from German classes is how to order a Wiener Schnitzel mit pomfrit :D and something about how my spülmaschine spült nicht (google translate it if you dont know what it says) which started as a joke but funny enough I still remember that ;)

Archived