Overspray on my car ....I have opticoat pro...

1geek4u

I got overspray on my car. I have opticoat pro on my car. The auto paint shop is gonna remove the overspray next week but I'm concerned if it will remove opticoat pro. I'm assuming the paint shop will clay my car to remove it. Hoping they won't have to wet sand or leave marring. My car got keyed last month & the trunk got repainted. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

Claying should not affect the coating but sanding and/or polishing will.

I would warn the guys in the paint shop that you have Opti coat pro installed and to only clay the car to remove overspray and not polish the car afterwards as that will remove the coating. You yourself know how much you paid for it so unless you can afford another install be sure to give them a heads up.

As for the marring I think some will be inflicted...It all depends on their claying technique, type of clay and how much lubrication they use. You can get the job done with little to no marring or you can get the job done with lots of damage.

Thanks for the replies. I found front end damage that the paint shop tried to cover it by painting it. I am OCD when it comes to my car so i know i had no frint end damage.I'm so pissed & at this point I don't want that paint shop to touch my car. I'm gonna give them hell & ask they compensate me by lowering their cost that they charged me. If not the I'll just call my credit card bank to dispute the charges. I'm gonna get the detailer who did my opticoat to clay my car.

Archived