Sign in to follow this  
gadavis6

Why OCW on top of OPC?

I just had my car done with Opti Coat Plus and looks awesome!    Why is there a need to OCW on top of OPC?   What is the benefit of OCW on a car that has OPC?

I thought one of the benefits behind OPC was the reduction of waxing.    If I do decide to OCW - will swirls show up on the OPC?

Thanks!

gadavis6

There is no need to apply Wax over a Coated car, but some installers do to protect OCP during the 7 day cure time (from water spots, bugs, etc).  The surface is cured in an hour, but internal crosslinking for chemical/UV resistance takes up to 7 days.  Waxing should not incur swirls and the wax will not be durable, but is a short term protection.

Yes, ONR for regular maintenance should be all that's necessary.   If you feel obsessed and want to buy Wax or Opti-Seal, we'll be happy to sell them, but they will not appreciably change the look and will not be durable.

If the car has more dirt on it, only then use the hose to rinse the biggest stuff (the wash is "safer" after that) and just do a ONR wash after that?