Sign in to follow this  
A&J

Poli-seal as a primer for OC 2.0

I somehow came to a information that poli-seal could be used as a primer polish before applying the old opti-coat.

Is that true and if so could it be used for todays Gloss coat and/or Opti-coat?

Read about it being used after opticoat to remove high spots but would assume it would interfere with the bonding if used before.  Happy to be corrected

Ive read the same...that you can use poli-seal to remove high spots about a month from application of OC.

Ive been talking to my supplier who is a ex-detailer and future product tester and he said that instalers used to use poli-seal before OC. He didnt say more than this so I guess Im gonna have to interrogate him about the matter some day.

Poli-Seal might be used for prep, but contains sealant that would need to be removed prior to coating.  Hyper Polish is a much better choice and doesn't need a decontamination wipe down.

would something like paint prep remove the sealant from poli seal if I used it right after polishing?

I am quite sure Ron said Paint Prep would remove the sealant from the metal polish so it might do the same for poliseal but why go to that much trouble and not just use hyper polish