Preparing to place an order from The Rag Company

vdubbeet

I love your ONRS and ONRW products. Getting ready to place an order with The Rag Company and I think I'm a bit confused. I'd like to purchase optiseal along wtih Optimum spray wax however, I'm not certain that is the best way to go. Please advise. you. I currently use the dedicated detail spray with enhancers after very wash.  I like the idea of having a sealant then the spray wax on top. Thank you.

Opti-Seal and Spray Wax can be used together or as stand alone products.  They have different looks and attributes - Wax has carnauba shine and is a spray on, spread, buff off product with durability up to several months.  Opti-Seal is wipe on/walk away, has  more of a hard shell look, and is more durable.  Some wax, then seal for the carnauba look and OS durability.  Your call...

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tempest45 said:

Does Optiseal contain UV inhibitor similar to OCW? 

This was discussed a year or so ago and answer seemed to be Optiseal does not have similar UV filters but it was said Optiseal was UV resistant.  There is probably a technical difference, however, it seems OCW has better UV protection but Optiseal lasts longer

as they say on TV, it's complicated.  Spray Wax has patented specific components that add UV protection, Opti-Seal does not.  However Opti-Seal does provide protection by reflecting UV rays away. 

I think it was said somewhere that Car wax will give the paint some UV protection back while Opti seal does not but as with any protection Opti seal will be the first thing that will start degrading from the UV rays before paint does.

Archived