plusforce

Brand new car headlights

Holy cow this thread is off the rails...Opti-Lens won't bond to factory headlight coating but Opti-Coat or Gloss-Coat will?  AFAIK Opti-Lens IS Opti-Coat with added UV inhibitors.

And you would have to be insane to sand off new factory coating to replace it with Opti-Lens, since O-L only lasts a year or two on bare headlights.

first, Opti-Lens is not Opti-Coat with added UV, but specially formulated to adhere to plastic where Coatings are more general in their applications.  Second, Opti-Lens is a permanent coating that will last well beyond 1 - 2 years  if properly maintained.  I do agree that one shouldn't sand off factory coating unless it's failing.

From what I've read, optilens has added acrylic to help it bond to polycarbonate because of more expansion and contraction than paint. Which sounds to me like it bonds better to headlights than opticoat pro would, since it's based on opticoat pro but tailored to headlights. If optilens isn't permanent bonding to headlight uv coating then I doubt opticoat pro would be better.  But who knows, you'd need some long term comparison tests to know.  I haven't heard much evidence of either lasting permanently on new or refinished headlights.  Not saying it won't but no test result has called it out as preventing hazing indefinitely.