After Two months of using ONR.

TUDM

I still prefer a conventional wash but I cannot wash  my car in my current community. I still cannot get myself to do a ONR wash without first rinsing. I grab my hose and quickly rinse car pull my car into garage and do a ONR wash. My question is I own an air dryer can I do a ONR wash and use my air dryer to get the ONR wash off vs drying. I like to touch the paint as least possible?

You dont need permision from us to do something to your own car...try it and see. If it works...great...if it doesnt than use a QD to aid lubrication to the towel.

Also...no problem if you have to pre rinse the car...I also do that if I think the car is too dirty for a rinseless wash.

There are no rules in detailing...find a way that you are comfortable with and stick with it...if problems (swirls) occur think what you could do better and make the change like are thinking right now with the air dryer :thumbsupup[1]:

A&J is so correct - there is no one way to care for cars (though there are wrong ways).  I'm frequently asked which is better, wax or seal, BRS or mitt, circular motion or up/down, etc.  There is no replacement for personal experience and experimentation. 

I'm tired, but please explain air dryer in this case? If it is a leaf blower type of machine, I would never use it in my garage because of the large "unvisible" amount of dirt laying on the floor that will straight away stick to the paint of the car. I would also not leave ONR (even mixed with distilled water, as I use it in my sprayers) to dry on the panel.

EDIT: Ok, now I get it, you mean that kind of machine that removes water from air. Yeah, I got one too in my garage when washing with ONR but I always dry with thick enough microfiber towels and use a liquid to keep the drying process more safe (Optimum Wax or Bilt Hamber Auto-QD). Always be very gentle when "onring"! :) 

I think there will still be "leftovers" that a drying towel would pick up but I'm only guessing? Even if you make several passes. I use the Chemical Guys Big Chubby wash sponge http://www.chemicalguys.com/Big_Chubby_Microfiber_Wash_Sponge_p/mic_492.htm because I think it has a short enough nap and I can get the dirt off the wash medium by scrubbing agains the Grit Guard Washboard insert. One can't be sure about anything, the most is "in your head"! ;)

If you use the Metro master blaster, there might be some "leftovers" on the panel but does it really matter that much? You will get more straight away when you again take the car out for a spin? Test and report?

Sure you can do what you posted. 

As much as I like the BRS, it will not pick up everything from the surface.  Also ONR tends to leave a little residue behind in the form of polymers.  So you may be left with polymer spots on the paint. 

Archived